So I have had an idea of adding pesky commie intruders into a campaign. Took Column5s An-2 Colt, made it NIGHT_ONLY and made strike,CAS and Armed recon its main missions.

I also reduced its ceiling to 762 for low level. It uses a loadout of 4 FAB50s.

I was going to use Paratroopers with an explosive value of a 500 pounder but could not get past the gigantic soldier.

Have only tried this in single missions at the mo because I am still trying to put the campaign together. It looks quite good, but in strike missons you do get 12 planes flying in formation at low level, which does not look that realistic. The only way I can think to get round this is to limit the max aircraft in the campaign data to 4 or less and have multiple units.

Anyway thought I would share the intruder idea, think it could be used in a European WW2 scenario etc.

Cheers

Snapper 21

great idear

if you need help on weapons or campaing let me now i whill be glad to help out

be carefull whit the airflied squadron limits check them out on the xxx_targets.ini

Edited by Wrench
PLEASE do not reply with images quoted!!!!

Don't forget there's the Purlycrapov Pu-2 "little stinker" for the NorKoreans that's been on my site for the last, or 3 years or so...

Wrench

kevin stein

Don't forget there's the Purlycrapov Pu-2 "little stinker" for the NorKoreans that's been on my site for the last, or 3 years or so...

Wrench

kevin stein

opss sorry wrench

The Pu-2 is very funny. I have also a Chinese CJ-6B modded into a "Yak-18" (no wing guns, same weapon loads as the Pu-2 and rear gunner added).

By the way, Wrench, how about your IL-2 modded as IL-10? I'm using an (FM modded) IL-2M3, but the skin is not very good for a North Korean plane and I'm the crappiest skinner in Universe....