Sign in to follow this  

Okay,

I've just done a clean install of WOE, I've messed up so many things with mods I decided to start fresh again. Any suggestions on what to start with and what order?

latest patch :good: Then the CA community weaps pack

Edited by Viper6

I forgot to add that I had the latest patch as well (running vista, so it's a need).

Start with the enhanced terrain tiles of your choice for the terrain

I suggest CA_Stary's stuff, as anyone will attest it is top notch.

Then I would add the wide sky mod and an effects mod of your choice.

Then I always put in the "New Nations" mod, and the medals mod, but those are just personal preferences.

After you get all that stuff straightened out look at what a/c, weapons, and ground objects you want to add.

That is my approach to any new TW install.

and remember to add one mod at a time and test the game after each mod to see if the games works well :good:

and remember to add one mod at a time and test the game after each mod to see if the games works well :good:

This one is very important! Do it and your install will work "nos trinques", as we would say in Brazil. :ok:

Outstanding advice.

Also, mods with a self installer, I usually "install" them into their own folder and check over the files to ensure they won't conflict with other mods or have outdated information that can screw up other stuff.

That's what most likely led to me wanting a clean install, I just threw everything in and well........

Start with the enhanced terrain tiles of your choice for the terrain

I suggest CA_Stary's stuff, as anyone will attest it is top notch.

Then I would add the wide sky mod and an effects mod of your choice.

Then I always put in the "New Nations" mod, and the medals mod, but those are just personal preferences.

After you get all that stuff straightened out look at what a/c, weapons, and ground objects you want to add.

That is my approach to any new TW install.

WOW what a great mod!!!!

She's running smooth as silk now, thanks gents!! :salute:

You may want another clean install for the GREAT Desert Storm mod! One of the cool things about the 3rd Wire series is that TK allows you to re-download any sim that you have purchased :biggrin: just name it something different like WOE2 so you dont download it to the same place.