pistitom

Weapons pack and the oct.2008 update

Hi there, I'm new around here and I need help regarding the 03.jul.6 weapons pack and the latest update...I updated my WOE with this oct. stuff, after that I installed the above mentioned weapon pack and ALL weapons dissapeared....none of them is available, although the files are not gone...It is probably because it wasn't a clean install (for the update) ...Can there anything be done ? I hope I don't have to re-install the game and download each and every aircraft again... :cray:

Thanks in advance for any help

that weaps pack is too old for the Oct patch or i should say that the latest patch does that to the old weaps pack and to some of the older mods that have not been updated.

Edited by Viper6

Wow, thx for the quick reply...

So, there's no way I can get my weapons back ? Must reinstall the whole game?

You can if you want to use the latest weaps editor and add all the weaps one by one. the easiest way is to lose the older pack and use the CA community weaps pack

Nope, sorry wrong!!

All you need to do to get the 06 WepPak (aka "The Bunyap Pak) working in the post-patch world is to simply use the newest weapons editor (date 4/08, IIRC).

Open the weaponsdata ini with the new editor, open any weapon, DO NOTHING ELSE, click OK , then SAVE.

The new editor will rebuild the weaponsdata ini and weapons data.dat to the new standards. Other than some new paramaters, it work 99.8 % ™ perfecly.

I've done it on at LEAST 4 of my installs with problems.

Wrench

kevin stein

Hello,

sorry wrench, couldn't find this weapon editor You mentioned (maybe I was looking in the wrong place..??), anyway, the other weapon pack works just fine except the Phoenix missiles, they seem to have dissapeared.... :biggrin: ...but thanks anyway...

Hi there, didn't want to ask for help again, but I can't solve this Phoenix problem at all...I edited the data and loadout config files ( added SAHM and AHM to the attachment type, AIM-54A in the loadout config, but it was in vain....Is there anybody, who could help me, please...? F-14 is not F-14 without the Phoenix missiles.... :dntknw:

I still couldn't find that wep editor Wrench mentioned, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.......HELP....

Im Sure mr know it all will be there to help you all i said was to use a better weaps pack

Didn't have any trouble finding it.... SF/Wo* Downloads/ SF/Wo* Utilities and Editors, about half way down the 2nd page...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6075

Of course, I know almost it all....

Personally, I like TMF new pack better, but it still needs a lot of stuff added, which is again, not an issue once you learn how to do it.

The Community Pak, while a superb effort - and the result of LOTS of work by those guys, is just simply missing all the Effect, which one needs to run around and try to find (most of which are to be found in the Old BunyPak)

Wrench

kevin stein

Man, You gotta be kidding me, I found that package, didn't download it because of the compatibility issue ( woi and fe only....) :biggrin:

Okay, 1000 thanks guys, really appreciate it THX :clapping: THX

(hope I get back the phoenix missiles :yes: )

well here an issue for any one that wants to help. I've got my main install of WOE with NF1 and 2 and the oct08 patch and bunyaps weapons pack. big prob is that i'm tryin to do 2nd install but keep losing wep's after putting in weapons pack. adding to my probs is that im deployed and my avail internet goes at 7 kbs on a good day. i have copies of nf1.exe, nf2, oct 08 patch, bunyaps weapon pack, the 20-11-07 weapon pack as well as a few planes i was able to pick up before i left home. i will have to get nf3 on thumbdrive from the wife back home but i did a reinstall a month and a half ago using all the files i have. cant figure out what i did to have weps before. hopin there is interim solution involving ini. files or order of loading. second smaller issue is on install that works i have no weps for my F-104. doesnt drive me too crazy as i prefer two J79's to one but i've been curious bout it. finally i've had WOE for bout two years but have only discovered the add ons in the last 4 months so please break down any assistance into kindergarten terms. appreciate any help you guys can give me

You shouldn't be putting Bunyap's or others into NF3 I don't think. Odd things are guaranteed to happen. There is a way to merge them, of course, but it's a "nontrivial exercise" to quote my old college math prof. :wink:

NF3 has all the weapons and such you need for the planes it comes with.

Ok, this is weird...no phoenix at all...I have an idea....maybe somebody could send me a data and a loadout file, to see how it looks...with phoenix , of course.... or maybe some folder or file containing the aim-54a, or c .....I know I am stupid when dealing with pc-s, BUT NOT THIS STUPID!!!!! This is sooo embarrasing :rofl:

Ok, this is weird...no phoenix at all...I have an idea....maybe somebody could send me a data and a loadout file, to see how it looks...with phoenix , of course.... or maybe some folder or file containing the aim-54a, or c .....I know I am stupid when dealing with pc-s, BUT NOT THIS STUPID!!!!! This is sooo embarrasing :rofl:

Here you go, Phoenix.

Weapon editor here: http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

AIM_54.rar

thanks for the advice i guess it doesn't get simpler than that huh