Sign in to follow this  
Lexx_Luthor

ISS orbiting Moon now.....hehe..

Whoa...Camera on 10" telescope films space station in low Earth orbit moving across moon face.

big pic, so click link...

~ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2985.html?theme=light

:

:

In the field, I did not see the ISS transit at all. It was only until I returned home and reviewed the video tape, that I noticed a *very fast streak* just catch the upper right corner of the field of view.

:

:

It almost looks like its orbiting the moon, and you look down on it from a little higher lunar orbit. But its not. When you are lucky on a near full moon night, you can see with your own eye stuff like that with the everyday jets up near 40000 feet. If you see the aviation lights or contrails heading near the moon, the jet can be seen dark if it crosses the moon's face in a very fast streak. Real quick. Never thought about an orbiting object though. Kinda neat.

Lol, looking at that shadowy figure, I couldn't help but think I was seeing some kind of Tie-fighter... :starwars: