Sign in to follow this  
werewolf1

Howabout some single missions for us non-playing on line pilots?

Give this some thought will ya... :clapping:

How about the massive offline campaign system?

you say that like there are actually some online players,,

ahem...there are some :yes:

Have you played online already, Widowmaker? (If so: what did you fly? How did it go for you?)

I consider myself as still being just too bad for it.

I must learn this all again, as the plane's behaviour was changed a lot; I even had those

close-to-ground stalls again in the Albatros, which I thought I had overcome.

agreed and oldham we all start soemplace doves and hawks is proud of the fact we all are relearning to fly off online so come and join us some nite

agreed and oldham we all start soemplace doves and hawks is proud of the fact we all are relearning to fly off online so come and join us some nite

Stump, when are you hosting? I can't commit to anything, but I'd certainly like to show-up and see what it's like.

OvS

Give this some thought will ya... :clapping:

Werewolf, as already mentioned, the Campaign Engine of BHaH is so massive that you'll never be bored with it. Personally, I think it's way bigger than RB3D could ever offer, and that's coming from someone that has modded RB3D.

Single missions are fun, but there is nothing better than a deep-rooted campaign engine. :)

OvS

Have you played online already, Widowmaker? (If so: what did you fly? How did it go for you?)

I consider myself as still being just too bad for it.

I must learn this all again, as the plane's behaviour was changed a lot; I even had those

close-to-ground stalls again in the Albatros, which I thought I had overcome.

Hi Olham, yes 3 of us have flown online with TrackIR (no labels or HUD or anything, so a lot of time just finding each other)

It's good fun...few little pains, such as a bit of lag when you approach another aircraft...and the fact that when you shoot someone down, they often just hang in midair, then vanish...but great fun nonetheless.

We are all extremely bad pilots, so I am sure that you would stand out as an example to us Krumpets!...Have flown Camels, DR1's DVIII's and an Alb or two

I've flown online 3 or 4 times this past week for the first time. Trust me, Olham, if I can do it and have fun, anyone can. As Widowmaker said, there are online quirks. I've seen planes fly backwards. :huh: And do this strange little shuffle, first on the right, then on the left, then on the right.... And I got shot down plenty, but got others as well. As Widowmaker said, the biggest problem for me was just finding everybody at first.

But I don't think of online play the same as offline. Offline is immersive and realistic and challenging. Online is more lighthearted entertainment. The difference is flying against real people, who will simply do FAR more than any AI in any situation. And pulling up in formation with other planes on a mission, or turning on one in a dogfight, is just different when you know there is another real person in that plane. Really different. And fun. (Being able to talk to them adds another dimension as well, including the agonizing groans others hear when I go down, so I'm told). :biggrin:

But flying a mission where you keep station with other real pilots, no warp or time advance even possible, and then find your target and coordinate a real group attack, warning each other of MG emplacements (ummm...errr...a new set of complicated hand signals??.....okay, so that parts not at ALL realistic) makes online worth doing all by itself.

werewolf,,,

actually there are a few online missions. I dont think any of them are as submersive as the campaign missions, but then, its hard to get together a group that has the time to do 50 min. waypoints.

but keep your eye out on the online forum in the mulitplayer section.

you didnt say where you are from (considering time difference), but if you give us a date and time that you might want to try some missions, and/or some fun mp dogfight, good chance someone will accomodate you,,,(as long as its not 3 in the morning)

lot of the new missions stump has built use the italian maps (alps are great....)...so join dah.

Stump, when are you hosting? I can't commit to anything, but I'd certainly like to show-up and see what it's like.

OvS

ove i would be a privildge to have an obd member fly wiht us as far as coop go i do honeslty perfer useing my italy addon but i can make the samehtings n stock map area jstu not nearly as much eye candy and of course i will do stock map stuff as well, usally myself axce or the great sitting duck willhsot when ever we can,im deifntly planning sometime this weekend to have somehting toghter for sure, watch for the postings also check out the doves and hawks site we have a mission date calander avable to those even jstu vistiign so you can plan ahead

I rhink you miss-construed what I was trying to say. I would like to see offline missions like attacking a amo dump or trying a mission that involves a zepplin attack like the ones in P1 or P2. These were fun and quite rewarding as single missions go. Even the scrambles were intrestingand I'msure that maybe a adon of individual missions would be welcomed not only by me but also others ... :clapping: