Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Red Nose Day

Hi all,

Thought I would post this pic of my son Matt going off to school in fancy dress this morning for Comic Relief day (made me chuckle)

He has always been very interested in History, and has replica Roman Helmet's and Medieval Armour and chain mail etc..but this outfit was a requested Christmas present (though I am trying to move him away from the British Colonial mentality!..So far without success!)

The rifle is an all wood replica of the Martini Henry (he was not allowed to take that to school however!) and the Pith Helmet has the badge of the 24th Foot, who got a pasting at isandlwana, and also held the defence at Rorkes Drift

(he decided that at 5lb, the webbing today was a nono)

post-22245-1236935154_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Why am I thinking "Zulu!"...? :biggrin:

Yes, comic relief day for Africa!..Helping those we once Butchered...Oh the Irony!

Yes, comic relief day for Africa!..Helping those we once Butchered...Oh the Irony!

...you're kidding?? :blink:

...you're kidding?? :blink:

Actually..No!...Only just realised what he's actually done!...lol

Oh well, might make people sit up and take notice of the double standards us human's indulge in

love the trousers on the door. Hanging space at a premium chez moi too.

love the trousers on the door. Hanging space at a premium chez moi too.

lol

Yes, I really must stop visitors hanging themselves!

lol

Yes, I really must stop visitors hanging themselves!

High ceilings then :biggrin: .

My goodness - youth and uniforms...

I used to have kind of a self-tailored American blue north states uniform -

a blue jeans with yellow stripes on the side, a blue shirt with golden knobs

and golden sergeant's angles, a yellow neckerchief and a black hat with a

golden band around it and golden crossed sabres on the front.

Seeing your son now, I see me, many years ago.

(Don't bother - he'll come off the "colonial time dreams" himself, when he grows up. Quicker than you even like...)

My goodness - youth and uniforms...

I used to have kind of a self-tailored American blue north states uniform -

a blue jeans with yellow stripes on the side, a blue shirt with golden knobs

and golden sergeant's angles, a yellow neckerchief and a black hat with a

golden band around it and golden crossed sabres on the front.

Seeing your son now, I see me, many years ago.

(Don't bother - he'll come off the "colonial time dreams" himself, when he grows up. Quicker than you even like...)

Yep, it's been fun installing a knowledge of history in him for the past 10 yrs!...No doubt, girls will soon take over from his old dad's lessons about Agincourt, the Battle of Britain and the Civil War....

oh well, it was fun while it lasted, and I hope has instilled something that will interest him in the Future.

We can but try

WIdowmaker, your son looks to be a fine young man. Is he the one that you got Empire Total War for. He has a good example in you I think. I don't have kids and I don't know what is being taught in schools here (US) but I do hear of a lot of revisionism. Anyway when I was young I had a real desire for a uniform, was told I could join the boyscouts but that never happened. Must be in the male animal wiring, uniforms. Pete Townsend song comes to mind. I blather... nice lad you have. Enjoy him.

WIdowmaker, your son looks to be a fine young man. Is he the one that you got Empire Total War for. He has a good example in you I think. I don't have kids and I don't know what is being taught in schools here (US) but I do hear of a lot of revisionism. Anyway when I was young I had a real desire for a uniform, was told I could join the boyscouts but that never happened. Must be in the male animal wiring, uniforms. Pete Townsend song comes to mind. I blather... nice lad you have. Enjoy him.

Hi Rickitycrate.

Thank you for your kind words..yes indeed he is the recipient of Empire Total War, which he will get on his Birthday on Monday (then perhaps I will get a chance to have a go on it too!)

His day at School went well (no-one took offence) and his pals all wanted to try the helmet on!

When i went to pick him up at hometime, It did remind me of the film Zulu! :biggrin: