Sign in to follow this  
cazna

Ou sont les Boches?

January 1916. So the last few campaign flights I haven't seen any german aircraft. Here I was thinking, boy they must be somewehere else today and I've just been lucky. But then this evening I had a "scramble" scenario in the campaign. Except, there weren't any inbound enemy aircraft!

I exited (accidentally, as since 1.28 I have started experiencing the "M = exit" behaviour rather then "M = map" reported elsewhere) and thought, "that was weird". So went straight back in and it ran the same scenario. Complete with no enemy aircraft.

Is anyone else seeing no enemy aircraft? If so, have you resolved it and, if you did, how did you fix it?

TIA.

cazna.

Edited by cazna

scramble can also mean a formation of two seaters are near your airfield, but at very high altitude. scramble doesn't mean always attacking scouts. did you check your radar for white spots?

january 1916 is a time anyway where formations, running into another was very rare. skies were pretty much empty at those days.

try a test pilot in a campaign 1918? if it's still a couple missions long without anything, something is wrong.

creaghorn

scramble can also mean a formation of two seaters are near your airfield, but at very high altitude. scramble doesn't mean always attacking scouts. did you check your radar for white spots?

january 1916 is a time anyway where formations, running into another was very rare. skies were pretty much empty at those days.

try a test pilot in a campaign 1918? if it's still a couple missions long without anything, something is wrong.

creaghorn

There were no white spots on the radar.

Per your suggestion about a test pilot in 1918, I tried that and ran into enemy aircraft. So that suggests it's not an across the board problem. I subsequently flew another January 1916 mission over enemy lines but still no enemy aircraft.

I struggle to believe that I've seen no enemy in the six most recent missions post the 1.28 patch yet prior to the patch it was a very rare occurrence to fly a mission and not bump into anything. If anyone else is seeing this please shout - it would be nice to know I'm not going mad!

Hello,

vee arr still lying arround the barracks, still suffering from ze bad hangover caused by drinking all this champagne and beer at New year's eve. Wait until february ...

Greetings,

Catfish

I flew a number of missions in 1916 I think (can't be sure) even before 1.25 (again, I think) when I went about 4-6 missions without seeing any enemy. Anyway, whenever it was, it was definitely before these latest patches. I flew a mission in 1917 last night when I was in a Strutter and we went to a rail yard DEEP into enemy territory, and I didn't see any EA the whole roughly 200 mile (round) trip. But then many times I am sent on a Patrol mission and barely get 10 miles from the field before getting jumped by EA flights outnumbering mine 2 to 1.

I know NOTHING (as Schulz would say) about computer programing, but I suspect that patches of the sort that are coming out wouldn't introduce such issues. It's hard for me to imagine how tweaking what these patches tweak could affect the larger sim in that way. But I don't know. Anyway, I think this is not a patch issue. I think it is just realism built into the campaign mode.

I, actually, appreciate those missions where I have the skies to myself occasionally. Sure, after the third one, I get antsy for a fight, but after 10 straight hair-raising fights, I always find myself going up and thinking to myself, wouldn't it be nice to have just a quiet flight for a change!

:happy:

I think QC is for fighting every time you fly, and campaign ought to have those missions, or even whole periods of the war, when flying without seeing anything happens more often.

Edited by griphos

Early war there are less aircraft available, and less squadrons (as per real life). Turn up the air activity if you want more, or choose a squadron right in the middle of any action areas, or fly later in the war.