Sign in to follow this  

impossible to use this GUN...help please !! (also after installation differents files in to ParticuleSystem.ini et Gun.data..) :blink:

Those lines of code for the gun.......Where do you put [gundataxxx]? I put it in Weapondata.ini. Is this correct?

Weird. I put it in gundata.ini. I also used the gun editor to add it as well. It doesn't work and the plane after a few minutes of flight freezes the program so I have to restart. I love the model though. It looks and flys quite well. If anyone has the same problem and knows how to fix it, please post.

Your screen freezes? I loaded the plane ,put the files in the right spots per instructions and the thing doesn't show up on the list,I have the same problem with the F-89. The files are in the A/C folder so what else do I need to do? :unsure:

The Gundata.ini file and Weapondata.ini once extracted from ObjectData.Cat and amended should (must) be in the Objects Directory.

Open them with the GunEditor and WeaponEditor programs respectively, then save. This should update the relevant *.cat files as I understand it.

If they're still not appearing on the plane then look at A10A_Data.ini

the following section should appear under // Internal Guns ------------------

[internalGun]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=30MM_GAU8

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=-0.0532,6.1841,-0.6941

LightPosition=-0.0532,6.1841,-0.6941

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,-1.6

MaxAmmo=1150

TracerLoading=2

EjectShells=FALSE

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

Hope this helps?

More weird now. Every plane that I load up now is messed up. When I appear in the cockpit the forward guns are firing......without the trigger being pressed. Still getting the program crash with the A-10 after a few minutes. Oh lord what did I do? I FUBARed something big time. Any help would be appreciated. I may have to re-install.

Have you tried re-extracting the .ini files, or restoring them from backed up versions, and reaplying the mods?

Figured out that my joystick is malfuntioning. I have a Saitek Cyborg Gold USB stick and the four buttons on the top are registering as being held down all at the same time. That explains the guns firing when I get in the game. bummer. Stick's broke. Time to get a new one. Add that to the old christmas list. :(