Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

5 Hours and not a German in sight?

I've just changed sides after my latest pilot got killed.Gone all french this time with Capitain ( Jac-Lalad ) who's flying with N3 esc in 1916.

Flown 6 missions and haven't seen hair or tail of a enemy aircraft ?

I don't think it's v1.28 because i've been using it for my last man.

As any one else had this happen?, I'am not to bothered because my new mans stats are looking good for flying time......

17/1/1916 8h22 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Scramble Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 54 mins R:100

17/1/1916 12h37 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Reconnaisance Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 60 mins R:100

18/1/1916 8h59 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Patrol Behind Friendly Front Lines Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 48 mins R:100

18/1/1916 13h21 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Patrol Enemy Front Lines Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 50 mins R:100

19/1/1916 8h33 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Airfield Defense Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 45 mins R:100

19/1/1916 12h42 Marne Breuil-le-Sec Artillery spotting Flying: Nieuport 11 Bebe Flying time 122 mins R:100

Must of posted by mistake sorry every one. :blush:

I had joined up with a Jasta to the southern end with Udet on the roll. Flying Fokker EIII perhaps 8 missions. No E/a contact but I learned how to handle the EIII in basic flight. Until I crashed at least. I did not see this as a problem nor do I now. There are plenty of more active sectors.

I had joined up with a Jasta to the southern end with Udet on the roll. Flying Fokker EIII perhaps 8 missions. No E/a contact but I learned how to handle the EIII in basic flight. Until I crashed at least. I did not see this as a problem nor do I now. There are plenty of more active sectors.

Thanks mate....

I will get some more flying time in before i'am put to the test. :good:

As any one else had this happen?, I'am not to bothered because my new mans stats are looking good for flying time......

You are not alone (well you are in the sense of no enemy). I am seeing this issue too and posted about this earlier (see the topic http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=38103). I think my scenario is similar to yours i.e. flying as French, ESC 3 in early January 1916. I do wonder if the 1.28 fix (that includes an alteration to the date from which an aircraft begins to appear) had an adverse impact on things.

I'm tweaking a few settings (e.g. enemy activity low/medium/high) and I'll let you know if there is a change.

IIRC, not a whole lot happened on the Marne except in 1914 and 1918. It's not surprising you're not seeing very much there in 1916.

In 1916, the French were totally absorbed by Verdun, so if you want French in 1916, that's the place to be. But by June/July, the Germans were shifting to the defenisve and moving units to meet the anticipated Brit offensive on the Somme, so it's best to be there from February on.

You are not alone (well you are in the sense of no enemy). I am seeing this issue too and posted about this earlier (see the topic http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=38103). I think my scenario is similar to yours i.e. flying as French, ESC 3 in early January 1916. I do wonder if the 1.28 fix (that includes an alteration to the date from which an aircraft begins to appear) had an adverse impact on things.

I'm tweaking a few settings (e.g. enemy activity low/medium/high) and I'll let you know if there is a change.

Well I tried all three different campaign regional activity settings and it had no impact. I also used the reset CFS3 option in the workshop (bye, bye pilots) and this resulted in no change either. I've now flown at least 10 missions in patch 1.28 with no enemy encountered (including 3 enemy-less scrambles). I flew with both the TAC and labels on so I'm confident there were no enemy (plus warping too, which will kick you out of warping if enemy are within about 4 NM).

I've popped a mail describing the scenario to OFF support to ask them to have a look. I will post any outcome as circumstances dictate.

We'll look into it guys. For the moment chose another squadron?