Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Central Pacific/Mariana Islands for WW2 Installs

Central Pacific/Mariana Islands for WW2 Installs

Central Pacific/Mariana Islands Terrain For SF/WoV/WoE WW2 PTO mods

This is a brand new terrain, built COMPLETLY from scratch. This is my very first whole terrain, so go easy on me ;) It represents the Mariana Islands approximately mid-1944, at the time of the American Invasion. This is a FULL terrain, with everything included for you to unzip and use, with minimal difficulty.

This is a fairly 'target rich' environment -- there are plenty of items for strike and anti-shipping missions. It is also fairly well defended - so watch out for the flak. There are also 2 completly NEW ground objects, creating via edits of existing terrain objects. They are now fully funcitonal 'obstacles' for infantry assaults. Also are mods of 2 of Hinchbrook's ships for USN usage.

You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things may not be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- the Liberty ship, and all warships, both Allied and Japanese. It's HIGHLY reccomended you have Gepard's "Midway" terrain installed, along with his IJN/USN naval units -- I've made use of them for both Fleets. Don't forget to check Geo's page for more WW2 goodies ... there's a lot of stuff that's usable (and used!) here as well.

There ARE some historical flaws, which as most of you know gauls the daylights out of me; they are fully detailed in the "Notes & Explinations" section below.

The data ini has been upgraded to the semi-latest standards (ie: 2006 patch level). Water effects are active, so Vista users beware...more information for you is below in the Install Instructions. See "Notes for Vista Users". NOTE: this is NOT designed for the post patch world of 9/08 & 10/08!! The terrain's data ini does NOT have the new Height Data included!!! If you insist on using this mod in such an install, expect NO support from me. You're on your own...

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

== MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! ==

It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As most of the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line). It has NOT, however, been tested in post 8/29/08 patch WoI or post patch (9/08 & 10/08) SF/WoV/WoE; it is NOT designed for useage in those type of game installs. If you choose to do so, expect NO support from me -- you're on your own. Nor is it designed for use in a 'modern era', as the airfields are far too small for field jets from.

Follow the instructions in the included readme =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems. It's HIGHLY reccomended you read this document completly through before installing this mod.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Nice one Kevin - Having been through some trials and tribulations with TE, I have some idea about the work that goes into creating a terrain from scratch, so thanks for your effort on this :biggrin::good:

Now, where can one find a good OOB for the '44 American Liberation of which you speak? :wink:

Bravo Kevin! I need to get started on the WWII mod so that I can use your terrain :biggrin: Thanks for the detail "read.me" Especially the one that said, "... NOT for post patch 09/08 and 10/08 on the SF/WOV/WOE or tested on 08/29/08 patch in WOI..."

I have the 2 Osprey Campaign books on pdf, if that'll help :biggrin:

One for Guam, one for Saipan

Wrench

kevin stein

Great stuff Kevin. Is there any chance you can post a screenie of your ground object folder so I can make sure I've got everything?

Thanks

allen: I'll try...but I don't think it'll all fit on one screen!!! :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein