Sign in to follow this  
andqui

Reject this one, pencil-pushers!

This is the highest pending score I have ever seen:

26/8/1918 6h53 Flanders Aniche Artillery spotting Flying: Fokker DVII OAW. On this day claims: 1 camel . Dogfight with British Sopwith Camels near Lens over German lines. Spotted one on the tail of Bernhard Osterhagen and came in to intervene. Fired around 50 bullets in a high-speed pass at around 2,000 ft altitude, observed some hits on the left wing. Camel made a snap turn to the left and came on my tail, upon which Osterhagen shot it out of the air, on fire. Osterhagen and I proceeded to try and find the rest of the flight, and came upon a lone Camel. Osterhagen went low and acted as bait, and the Camel followed. I came in another high-speed diving pass from the E/A's 6 o'clock, firing. Enemy pulled up and to the right, and I followed in a climbing turn, scoring some hits. Fabric observed tearing off the lower left wing. After turn, Camel proceeded to level off, and I put around 200 rounds into the enemy from around 100 feet. Heavy smoke observed coming from the engine. Overshot, went into a loop, and came up again behind the enemy aircraft. Fired around 50 rounds, concentrating on the lower right wing root. Camel's lower right wing snapped off and the aircraft spun into the ground. The pilot was observed to jump out. The wreck is N of Lens in a field.. Witnessed by: Bernhard Osterhagen Status : Pending 100

Plus, this is with the hardest, DiD claim setting. I'm quite proud of myself.

Edited by andqui

Beat me to it Uncle Al, I was going to ask how you would feel when you see that it is rejected haha! In all seriousness, very awesome report. I guess that attention to detail really does pay off, doesn't it?

Oh Ohhhhhh.......

He said the camel did a SNAP turn to the LEFT!

:umnik:

Grounds for discrediting the claim perhaps!? LMAO

Edited by rhythalion

That was a good report, i bet it took longer to type than to fly the mission...lol