Sign in to follow this  
column5

NATO Fighters III Released

At the mission loading screen when it hits 80%

80% is when the game is loading objects I think. This could be caused by a corrupted file. I would suggest re-downloading the NF packs and trying again from scratch.

A campaign mission is probably going to put many more aircraft in the air than with a "Single Mission" mission.

Just for a test, set all of your graphics options to "LOW" and try a campaign mission. You may have the same issue we had early on with Desert Storm.

I discovered two more issues on my install yesterday:

- the F-84 does not have any "inner" sound, apart from the engine: no landing gear sound, no flaps, no guns...

- the F-16 does not have any AAM in loadout screen.

Thanks Aggie your suggestion worked. Tho i dont get why I can run ODS on Unlimited but can only run NF on high.

It could be becuase in ODS, the textures are a standardized at 1024x1024 and 512x512 IIRC. I haven't tried out NFIII yet, (sorry C5!) but perhaps there are textures greater that that on some of the aircraft in the campaign.

Thanks Aggie your suggestion worked. Tho i dont get why I can run ODS on Unlimited but can only run NF on high.

HIGH for object texture doesn't let any texture be rendered larger than 512x512. In ODS, we downsized everything to 1024x1024, or smaller.

You can edit the following in your FLIGHTENGINE.INI, and let HIGH render up to 1024x1024. If you can run ODS, you'll probably be aable to run NF3 this way.

[HighDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=60000.0

DetailMeshSize=5

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=1024 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Change this to 1024

hi ,i cant seem to download the nato fighters 3 from the c5 site,it just keeps coming up 'the archive is either in unknown format or damaged' can anyone help thanx

Viper

Right click, and hit "save target as", then it will work. Do not forget to get 7 zip to unzip it.

hi dave,tried that mate ,just downloads 2Mbs worth and stops.I had to download the first 2 parts through this site as the column 5 site wasnt working for me.Im open to suggestions or i ll wait till its posted on here.Thanx for your help dave

Ok Viper I will alert C5 to the problem. Thank you for the heads up.