Sign in to follow this  
Arrigo

SF2 what mods I can use?

Ok, I know it is a silly question...

but after a year I have finally decided to equip my laptop with a joystick and play flight sims even when I are away from my trusty desktop at home... need to shot down people sometime...

I am eyeing SF2 beacuse it will be fully vista compatible (the new thing has vista...) and I love the SF series...

but I want also to add some mods (My original SF1 copy was stuffed with new planes, maps and campaigns...) so what I definitely can add and what I don't want to add to a new fresh SF2 install?

Arrigo

careful on the older mods some have not been updated for the latest patch, and the file structure is different for SF2 I believe there is a section for adding SF2 installs in the KB. as always; add one, then test, add one, then test

If you go and download my Rhodesian Hunter, there are a few tips there on adding new aircraft - all my SF1 aircraft work - and it shows you how to add new weapons. It's actually a sight easier the new way!

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8445

Terrains seem generally to work if you create a folder in your My Docs/Strikefighters folder, called "Terrains". Note the "S". In SFP1, it was "terrain".

Vehicles go into Objects/GroundObject.

Etc, etc. Folders are pretty much the same as in SF1. Just don't go un-catting the core files, or you'll get in a terrible mess...