Sign in to follow this  
Hoghead

Couple of things I think need looking at for next patch

(1) Since 1.28 seems my wingmen are back to lagging below if I try anything but a slow gentle climb, makes getting above the enemy very difficult.

(2) I think the drag values on the Sopwith Pup need looking at. Pull the power off, roll over into a dive and speed shoots up immediately to about 230 knots and it starts the shake rattle and roll thing. Even a shallow dive with power on will cause the same thing.

Thanks,

Scott

about the pup- how high is it supposed to go? I had trouble getting it past 11000

about the pup- how high is it supposed to go? I had trouble getting it past 11000

Heheh, that's like an order of magnitude better than the in-game stats say it should go: 1760 feet :haha: . One more minor typo, with zero effect on the game, for some thankless OBD database-basher to fix someday. I feel your pain, man :wink:

I think they just left a zero off. My books say it could reach about 17.5kft. I haven't had any reason to get about 12kft yet, but it did that no problem.

Edited by Bullethead

Hoghead:

Think you need to spec what AC you're flying. My Albatros compadres do just fine. Is it just the Pup?

BH:

The Pup should actually have a slight edge over the DIII above 12k feet so maybe you should try that out ... :secret:

Hoghead - will the wingmen still remain low, when you press "R".

I think, I noticed, that they get confused by very steep climbs. So I keep that horizon instrument on,

showing my climbing angle. I don't go much higher than 10 - except in dogfights.

For me, they are always there; even after warping. All fine.

Hoghead - will the wingmen still remain low, when you press "R".

I think, I noticed, that they get confused by very steep climbs. So I keep that horizon instrument on,

showing my climbing angle. I don't go much higher than 10 - except in dogfights.

For me, they are always there; even after warping. All fine.

Olham,

Yep even when I hit "R" they lag. I know it's because they won't climb below a certain speed. Once speed drops off below a certain value the AI will reduce it's climb to maintain a minimum air speed even though they are still way above stall speed. If I warp for just a second they are magically moved back into position but if I keep climbing briskly they'll fall below again.

Geier,

Seems to be both the Pup and the Sopwith Triplane. The Camels, Se5s, and the DR1s seem ok, that's all I've had time to fly since ver 1.28. I don't know if the low drag, over speed thing with the Pup is new, I think this is the first time I've flown it since ver 1.25.

Scott