Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

1.28 has it 99% right--- the other needs are

Just finished 10 missions after 1.28 ( flying at 10 in a Soph. Camel) and it really looks GOOD. All is mostly very nice and makes for a great WW1 Flight Sim.

Some improvements would include (in order of need--- in MHO)

1. Better AI at low altitude--- it lacked satisfaction to flame BvRicht. as he hung there in a "hammer head stall" ( a rookie mistake).

2. Wingmen that actually carry out the mission be it attacking an airfield or air-combat ( most are bad shots).

3. This whole claim thing. At lease the members of my flight should be already knowen at automatically listed and therefore questioned after they return. Spending moretime filling out a

claim without knowing what is "really needed" is frustrating. And a my age that I dont need. A maptrack,somewhat like a gps track with events listed would bring back memmories and

have a record to look at as we make our statments on the claim. For me I have to "PAUSE" during a furball and record all of the information and that detracts from the flow of the game.

4. Give us "old guys" (I,ll be 72 next mo.) a "fly straight and level autopilot" when trying to get back but our navigation system still wants us to go back and attack the railyard where we

got hit and a flight of enemy bounced us. Now all I need is to fly accross the lines to safety but my "real world arthritic" wrist will not hold the twisting motion on my stick ( peddels will

fit in my realtime space inside my RV) to keep straight and level.

As an after thought I wonder how many of you use "cross controling--- crabbing" to reduce airspeed during ACM?

Thans for your input, CW3SF

re #4: The 'fly straight and level autopilot' exists and is toggled by cntrl+shift+A.

CW3SF, I use crabbing and slip-sliding all the time when trying to maintain formation with Flight leader and mates. Also use and is very useful when landing to reduce speed. I use slipping and crabbing in combat, especially when flying against slower craft (some two-seaters and damaged fighters). This could also be used to counteract wind when/if applicable.

I think the better question would be when am I NOT cross-controlling during combat (at least a little)?!

CW3SF, I use crabbing and slip-sliding all the time when trying to maintain formation with Flight leader and mates. Also use and is very useful when landing to reduce speed. I use slipping and crabbing in combat, especially when flying against slower craft (some two-seaters and damaged fighters). This could also be used to counteract wind when/if applicable.

Me, too. Still using a Sidewinder joystick, but crabbing is no problem. And I find the effect in the game very comparable to what I experienced crabbing in to land my little stick-and-rudder taildragger. I think the game has it about right in that regard.

Prost!

TvO