Sign in to follow this  
Beerthirty

1.28 patch

S! All.,

I installed the 1.28 patch and now get no response when pressing F7 key. I was seeing the ground passing below me prior to installing 1.28.

Also, I get a message from the OFF Manager, while in the game that I have corrupted files regarding 1916, or some such. Couldn't read it fast enough to really know what it all said. However I did see that it advised me to reinstall OFF. Must I do that?

What's up with that.

And btw how do I access the Manager?

Thanks for any help.

Beerthirty

Edited by Beerthirty

Reinstall yes, corrupt files are corrupt files.

The manager is what you MUST run to lauch OFF

Should be a brown icon on your desktop called Over Flanders Fields...

If you are not running via that it might explain errors

Reinstall yes, corrupt files are corrupt files.

The manager is what you MUST run to lauch OFF

Should be a brown icon on your desktop called Over Flanders Fields...

If you are not running via that it might explain errors

OK. I now know what thr manager is. and yes I run my game from that icon. Thanks.

I reinstalled OFF and the 1.28 patch but still get no respnse from F7 key. All else seems fine.

Beerthirty

Sounds like something else is using F7, TrackIR, some other utility? What do you want F7 to do ?

Press Esc in flight Controls, edit, save as Mine

Sounds like something else is using F7, TrackIR, some other utility? What do you want F7 to do ?

Press Esc in flight Controls, edit, save as Mine

Prior to 1.28 patch and prior to the manager telling me to reinstall, when I hit the F7 key I had a straight down view of the ground/terrain as I was passing over it. I would like to have that view back.

TrackIR? Just got it today and that's another problem, which I will come back with after more research.

Beerthirty

When did you install the TIR software? F7 is "precision" in TIR.

F7 is "go to bombadier seat"

So are you in a bomber that has a bomb load and an F7 view too?

If not it will do nowt.

When did you install the TIR software? F7 is "precision" in TIR.

F7 is "go to bombadier seat"

So are you in a bomber that has a bomb load and an F7 view too?

If not it will do nowt.

The problem with the F7 key occurred after I installed 1.28 patch and before I installed TrackIR.

At present I cannot get TrackIR to work. Have no idea what the problem is. TrackIr is on but will not connect to OFF. Prolly my fault. There was something on the Forums regarding TrackIR but can't find it at presemt.

Beerthirty

Which aircraft?

Make sure you install the latest TracKIR software from their website, and update the games list too.

Which aircraft?

Make sure you install the latest TracKIR software from their website, and update the games list too.

I ran an update and it informed me I had the latest version, 4.1.036.

The same for games list. Says I have all the games.

They have OFF added to their list on their TrackIR site, however I don't see it in my TrackIrR siftware.

I added OFF to my list . But I think the problem might be me. I read all the "help" but have made no progress in getting it all to work.

Beerthirty

Edited by Beerthirty

You need to ask naturalpoint really, but it is CFS3 support you need.

If I were you I'd uninstall the software and reboot then reinstall see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the right reflector type setup in the combat flight profile, and default.

TrackIR support not my greatest skill but that's what I'd do.

You need to ask naturalpoint really, but it is CFS3 support you need.

If I were you I'd uninstall the software and reboot then reinstall see if that helps.

Also make sure you have the right reflector type setup in the combat flight profile, and default.

TrackIR support not my greatest skill but that's what I'd do.

I got TrackIR to work. I was fooling around in the TrackIR software. I placed the Off title into the Auto Load column next to CFS3 title . Went into the sim in cockpit view. Voila! It worked

Still don't all I know about the TrackIR software operation. Need to get acquainted with the terminology. Someplace on the Forums I saw a post where they talk about setting up your TrackIR config in the software but can't find it now. If anyone knows where it is, please, point me to it.

Anyways TrackIR is great but as everything else ya gotta learn to use it.

Thanks for all your help, Polovski.

Beerthirty

OK great Beerthirty, not sure why it didn't add that automatically, something I have never had to do either.

Good luck with it, once you get the hang of it you won't fly a sim without it afterwards.