Sign in to follow this  
Rick Rawlings

Ground fire

Where is the control to adjust ground fire. With the setting that I currently have, these guys shred better than Satriani. I don't see anywhere on the workshop to adjust this, but I seem to remember someone mentioning it before.

RR

In Workshop, right side, DIFFICULTY GROUND FIRE if it had teeth, you'd be bleeding

Easy= just MG plus occasional cannon fire

Normal

Realistic = everybody has but one goal in life - ending yours

Dude, are you kidding me? It would be chewing my head off! I still don't see it. Under difficulty, there is only AI gun range for an AI selectable. Is there some way my display settings could cause it to be rendered off screen? There's no scroll bar or anything...

Thanks for the help!

RR

The setting is "AI Gun Fire (Range)." If you hover your cursor over it, it will tell you this sets the AI range effectiveness for air and ground fire. I believe this also affects their accuracy.

Thumper

And I thought my eyesight was shot, there's hope for me yet.

We'll start in the Lower Right Corner . . .Moving up

Wind Effect . .2 choices

Main & Rear Guns . . 3 each

Outcomes . . . 3 ( Pilots life)

Ground Fire Difficulty . .BINGO . .YAHTZEE

I seriously do not have that tab. Above Outcomes I have AI Gunfire (Range)

Above that is realism for promotions and claims.

Is the AI Gunfire range the one that does it?

RR

Unc...you must be out-of-date on patches. There is no independant ground fire setting anymore.

Yep Rick, AA is now integrated into the AI Gunfire Range setting as shown by doing a mouse 'hover over'.

Unc...you must be out-of-date on patches. There is no independant ground fire setting anymore.

Yep Rick, AA is now integrated into the AI Gunfire Range setting as shown by doing a mouse 'hover over'.

Ah, thank you! Perhaps neither one of us is crazy!

RR

It would be nice to have the accuracy/effectiveness of the AA separated out from the AI pilots again. Although I know that the increases in AA quantity is taken care of by date-based changes in the game, the accuracy and effectiveness of the AA on both sides increased by leaps and bounds as the war went on, and in previous patches to OFF this could be reflected by manually changing the AA setting from "Easy" in 1915 through to "Realistic" in 1918 without also changing the effective range of AI pilots' machine guns (which remained fairly static, I think). Or has this also been taken care of within the changes made?

Bletchley