Sign in to follow this  
Cobra427so

Warping question

First off, I love this sim!

The latest update was great except for one little thing - warping. Forgive me if this has been discussed but I couldn't find it. When exiting warp I find my crate doing a heavy nose-over. In a fragile plane I would expect it to shed the wings. I have found before entering warp, if I reduce throttle to about 70% it reduces the effect, makes it less violent, but it doesn't get rid of it. Also, if I manually exit warp and immediately hit pause then unpause I can minimize it further.

Is there a solution or is it something being addressed?

Regards,

Cobra427so

First off, I love this sim!

The latest update was great except for one little thing - warping. Forgive me if this has been discussed but I couldn't find it. When exiting warp I find my crate doing a heavy nose-over. In a fragile plane I would expect it to shed the wings. I have found before entering warp, if I reduce throttle to about 70% it reduces the effect, makes it less violent, but it doesn't get rid of it. Also, if I manually exit warp and immediately hit pause then unpause I can minimize it further.

Is there a solution or is it something being addressed?

Regards,

Cobra427so

Hi Cobra, if you look further down the page you'll see several posts about it, but the problem occures when you select autotrim. Try warping again without autotrim on and see what happens then.

Actually, it's moved on a bit now but here's the link if you want to read more.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=37791

Edited by Aussie Pilot

I found a little trick! It works great!

First, activate autopilot (mine is Ctrl + Shift + A), let it settle in. Then use Warp. When it comes out of warp (for any reason - automatically or manually) the autopilot keeps it stable. Then just cancel autopilot!

Regards,

Cobra427so

I found a little trick! It works great!

First, activate autopilot (mine is Ctrl + Shift + A), let it settle in. Then use Warp. When it comes out of warp (for any reason - automatically or manually) the autopilot keeps it stable. Then just cancel autopilot!

Regards,

Cobra427so

Hi Cobra, yes thats an idea but at the end of the day it's no different from turning of autotrim before you warp and then turning it on again once your back to normal flight. The reason i say this is because it take's longer to get autopilot working because he fly's up or down first when you turn it on (well it does for me anyway).

When you say autotrim (which I don't see anywhere) are you actually talking about auto mixture? Is this something on the Workshops section or available with in-game controls?

Regards,

Cobra427so

Edited by Cobra427so

Ctrl A cycles it on and off.

You get a message in the upper right hand corner of your screen -- AUTOTRIM ACTIVATED or AUTOTRIM DEACTIVATED.

If you are using it, just turn it off before you hit warp (x)

Personally, I also turn it off when I start an engagement. I find the planes are much for responsive to controls with it turned off.

As far as whether using it is kosher, well, we do have auto-start, don't we? So "realism" already has been compromised as soon as we started the engine.

ttt

Edited by tttiger

The codes of CFS3 ( which Micky$oft won't part with) Prohibit a sargent, spinning your propellor. Otherwise I do think it would be there.

By the way . . The 65 mph minimum, for Warp is new as function of OFF, it was available as a Download known as WARPZAP during the Latter days of Phase II. Because according to the rules of Micky$oft, Warp requires 123 mph@ 1000 feet. We were indeed lucky for the 123 mph, it Could've been 246 mph, then there would've Never Been a WARP

Sergeant (that's how it's spelled by the way)????

I want Trevor Howard out there spinning my prop!

Yeah, I know, every time something doesn't work blame it on CFS3....easy excuse!

:ok:

ttt

Edited by tttiger