Sign in to follow this  
catch

OFF BH&H Video: Railyard Attack.

'bout time for a new movie innit :whistling: .... a brief intro ....

================================================================================================

Dempster's First Adventure:

{Tobias "Dempster" Dempsey. Born Tunbridge Wells, Kent, 1896}

Tobias Dempsey was a sickly child. The local quack suggested fresh sea air and sunshine along with liberal doses of castor oil. His mother, Betty, armed with said oil and her only son departed post haste in a southerly direction toward Portsmouth. A rather gaudy seaside hotel was selected and a single room, with balcony, was booked for 2 weeks.

Young Tobias, at the tender age of thirteen, revelled in the sun, sand and salty air and within four days was already showing significant improvement. He met a rather forward 14 year old girl named Daisy and experienced his first fumbled kisses behind the bathing pavillion, underneath the pier, along the walking track high on the cliffs and once, inside a dressing tent on the beach. Daisy, for reasons best known to 14 year old girls, referred to Tobias as "Dempster". The nickname stuck.

On one glorious windless day, Dempster was strolling along the foreshore with Daisy when he heard a cacophony of spluttering bangs and wheezes not dissimilar to the blacksmith's steam driven contraption back home. It was in fact the sound of an Anzani 3 cylinder 25hp engine perched precariously at the front end of a Bleriot XI. Dempster watched the monoplane in awe and fascination as it lazily traversed the shoreline at approx 100 feet altitude seemingly without a care in the world. The aviation bug had bitten. For Dempster it was a revelation. If I need fresh air and sunshine, he thought, that's how I want to do it.

And so, in the fullness of time, Tobias "Dempster" Dempsey was posted to C Squadron 1 Wing RNAS as an observer/gunner in Sopwith's new fighter/bomber machine, the 1 & 1/2 Strutter. It was summer 1916. And a particularly bad one at that. Daisy Dempsey remained in Blighty with child ....

Addendum: Recently uncovered rare footage of Dempster's first sortie entitled "Railyard Attack" is documented below ....

Catcher,

Awesome vid!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Showcases the brilliance of BHH very nicely! You certainly are no slouch when it comes to aiming that payload. Should take 'em a while to repair that mess.....lol. Well done old boy!!

Cheers,

Parky

Excellent!! That should be out there for people to see with our BHH top videos. :clapping:

I like the story too.

Very nice Catch, ejoyed the story and Video T^hanks for sharing

Wonderful vid Catch, great music too. If you don't mind who are those vocalists? I must add them to my music collection.

Enjoyed. Great as always.

Ever tried "float view"? Great for rear views with motion.

Croz

Edited by Crossbones

Now that was a great video, with music of the era..or at least I think so. Now I wanna be a bomber pilot/gunner

Thank you Gentlemen. And Parky ! High praise indeed after your last very impressive effort !

Yes, it is indeed Fred Astaire who sings the opening number and the last. The middle song is by Al Bowlly so the cigar goes to Cpt.Kremmen. It's not music of the WW1 era being 15 or so years too late .... but it's close(ish) enough to portray the times and it seems to work which is my intention.

Not tried floatby view (what's that shft f9 or something ?) but perhaps I should check it out.

Be warned there may be more "Dempster Adventures" .... should the poor chap live long enough lol.

Thank you Gentlemen. And Parky ! High praise indeed after your last very impressive effort !

Yes, it is indeed Fred Astaire who sings the opening number and the last. The middle song is by Al Bowlly so the cigar goes to Cpt.Kremmen. It's not music of the WW1 era being 15 or so years too late .... but it's close(ish) enough to portray the times and it seems to work which is my intention.

Not tried floatby view (what's that shft f9 or something ?) but perhaps I should check it out.

Be warned there may be more "Dempster Adventures" .... should the poor chap live long enough lol.

Thank you Gentlemen. And Parky !

Loosely translated, I guess that means "Thanks gentlemen....you too Parky".

You rotten bugger!!!! LMAO

:biggrin:

Cheers Mate,

Parky

Loosely translated, I guess that means "Thanks gentlemen....you too Parky".

You rotten bugger!!!! LMAO

:biggrin:

Cheers Mate,

Parky

ROFLOL ! ! Hehe no I didn't mean it like that Parky! Well at least I don't think I did ? Weeeeell ... maybe a little bit ! Mmmm no I didn't .... really. Definitely not. Possibly LOL :smile: Nah. Not really. Just pointing out your "tribute" movie was very impressive and I only recently saw it .... why ? Long story mate.

Nice to see some movies at last- good one Catch !

Has the olde ww1 feel too nicely done.