Sign in to follow this  
Over50

May I suggest a Nit Pick OFF 3 sub forum..

..for that 2% who continue to gripe that the sim doesn't offer true to life this or that or a particular option to suit their particular penchant. This way the 98% of the rest of us who come here to share game experiences, ask questions, etc., won't have to waste time opening a useless thread. :punish2:

I think it is only useless if it doesn't affect anyone at all.

(what may be better, would be if people titled their threads a little better?)...So we would know it was a gripe.

A bit like the old SOH habit of putting OT before the title if it is Off Topic

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Since Winder says that P3 is basically done after patch 1.28a, I'm not sure there is a point to posting "nit picks" anymore anyways.

Hellshade

I think it is only useless if it doesn't affect anyone at all.

(what may be better, would be if people titled their threads a little better?)...So we would know it was a gripe.

A bit like the old SOH habit of putting OT before the title if it is Off Topic

Couldn't agree with you more on the thread titling - such as my post title that left no question what the content would be and thus the option to open it or not.

But we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree with respect to your comment [it's only uselss if it doesn't affect anyone at all]. And I speak of those few who continue to nit pick even though the Dev's have already stated the mod is complete other than some tidying up. And for those few, having a separate place to complain that this or that wasn't/isn't included in the mod even though it's all but finished would, at least, afford the 98% of us who fully appreciate the effort of this finished product the option of avoiding their comment. I'm fully aware some folks by their nature will always find fault with just about anything they haven't the smarts to produce or do themselves and a nit pick sub forum would provide a place for them to commiserate among themselves.

I only have one nitpick and it's the same one I voiced on another thread. The leading edge of the aileron tips on the DrI are square and they're not supposed to be.

CJ

post-45778-1237224246_thumb.jpg

..for that 2% who continue to gripe that the sim doesn't offer true to life this or that or a particular option to suit their particular penchant. This way the 98% of the rest of us who come here to share game experiences, ask questions, etc., won't have to waste time opening a useless thread. :punish2:

Strange request from a guy who has complained more than most in the past about things he hasn't liked about the game...its too hard, I am not having fun, the AI shoot too good etc. I don't recall many people asking for more 'options to suit their particular penchant' than you have. Nothing wrong with that as I am all for having some easier options for those who want them. But now that your pet peeves are addressed no one else should have an opinion? Are you really saying that your version of what is fun is the only one that counts and all others should stop posting their desires and opinions? Hopefully not.

Ok......let's make mine the last post in this thread.

Thanks,

Parky

Strange request from a guy who has complained more than most in the past about things he hasn't liked about the game...its too hard, I am not having fun, the AI shoot too good etc. I don't recall many people asking for more 'options to suit their particular penchant' than you have. Nothing wrong with that as I am all for having some easier options for those who want them. But now that your pet peeves are addressed no one else should have an opinion? Are you really saying that your version of what is fun is the only one that counts and all others should stop posting their desires and opinions? Hopefully not.

With all due respect, your selective memory didn't include I posted "Not having fun" shortly after purchasing OFF 3 and with no prior experience with the previous OFF mods content. As for not recalling "many other people asking for more options" as you put it, again another case of selective memory on your part where I do recall many folks here offering/posting thanks to the Dev's for the last patches that did provide novice to realist game play options.

I didn't post this thread topic with the intention of starting a pissing contest. Rather, and what I should have included to begin with is my concern the presence of said nit picking is prone to generating tit for tat responses that degenerate into a ... well ... pissing contests that feeds on itself as well as spilling over into the general population here - and probably one of the prime reasons I suspect OFF 3 was booted from SOH. And I do recall a couple of threads of this content at SOH/OFF3 just prior to the axe falling where warnings were issued but ignored. Beyond this, I offered an opinion not about the game content, but about those few as noted. If you consider yourself among that group and offended, my apologies.

Edited by Over50

..snip... None have moaned about the products of Sierra. The solution is simple. . snip..

Gimp: You aren't being serious, are you? ..that was said in jest, right?

That's the logic of saying 'enough is enough' . . Winder provided 5 patches . . How many should there be . . . 23 ?

Ahhh a guessing game ..... hmmmmm :idea: ...... 6 !

A patch will be offered by a major company to correct a major fault

Usually it's due to too soon of a release, when in pursuit of the almighty dollar

But after that major patch, they don't as a rule listen to bellyaches

That's the logic of saying 'enough is enough' . . Winder provided 5 patches . . How many should there be . . . 23 ?

23?, of course not, I never suggested that and that wasn't the question.. you said "None have moaned about the products of Sierra" that was what I was questioning. And Sierra did very little in response to the countless criticisms.. just a few patches, then the 3d version to try to make more money. Meanwhile, in just a few months, 5 patches have been adressed to the problems, or wishes of the BHH players, very impressive IMHO. I think moe then enough has been done for Phase III at this point.

Agreed.

Cheers,

Parky

There's plenty to have subjective opinions about (none of us having flown a real WWI aircraft). The developers gave us a version they considered as close to reality as they could build. But others have different views of "reality."

Nothing wrong with any of us disagreeing with the developers or each other about the sim's models. In some cases, we may actually be right. And those of us willing to look stuff up (google is your friend) may actually learn something (like teaching OVS that shoes have soles, people have souls :victory: ).

What Over50 is suggesting also would require renaming the forum from "General Discussion" to "Fanbois" and would be verrrrry boring IMHO.

That sort of defeats the whole purpose of a forum, doesn't it?

ttt

Edited by tttiger