Sign in to follow this  
kreelin

Mig-21F13 vs Jianji-7II

I'm working on Jianji J-7II / F-7 FM

I'd like to know what are the main differences between the russian 21f13 and the chinese version ?

Edited by kreelin

The main difference between J-7I and MiG-21F-13 is MiG-21F-13 has only one GSH-23,but J-7I got two.

F-7A is export version of J-7I,with more power WOPENG-7B (WP-7B),and deceleration parachute compartment position moved.

J-7II is update version of J-7I.Deceleration parachute compartment position moved as F-7A.And cockpit open form back,not form front as MiG-21F-13.And got HTY-2 ejector seat.Also WP-7B as F-7I

F-7B is J-7II's export version.Updated western A2A missiles such as R.550.Better ejecteor seat.(?)

F-7I :

Arbania (12)

Tansania (16)

Egypt (60)

F-7II

Iraq (90)

Sudan (22)

Egypt (60) Updated from F-7I

J-7I---------->F-7I

I

I

I

I

V

J-7II---------->F-7II

F-7 FM? What is this..? :dntknw:

Edited by Erwin_Hans

FM = FlightModel ?

Yes FM = Flight Model :biggrin: .

Thanks a lot for these insights Erwin. That means I won't have too much work to convert my 21F13 FM to Jianji-7 FM :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ok lets sum up:

J-7I = MiG-21F-13 but with 2 NR-30 or GSH-23

F-7A = J-7I with more power WOPENG-7B (WP-7B) and new dragchute compartment position.

J-7II = J-7A with HTY-2 ejector seat.

F-7B = J-7II's export version.Updated western A2A missiles such as R.550.Better ejecteor seat.

Edited by kreelin

Thanks a lot for these insights Erwin. That means I won't have too much work to convert my 21F13 FM to Jianji-7 FM :biggrin::biggrin:

Ok lets sum up:

F-7A = J-7I with more power WOPENG-7B (WP-7B) and new dragchute compartment position.

F-7B = J-7II's export version.Updated western A2A missiles such as R.550.Better ejecteor seat.

2 NR-30 is right.

And J-7II is very very close to F-7A

May I ask what's the difference between J-7II/F-7II and the F-7M Airguard? :dntknw:

I read somewhere that PLAAF didn't use a domestic version of F-7M, is that correct? If so why? :dntknw:

May I ask what's the difference between J-7II/F-7II and the F-7M Airguard? :dntknw:

I read somewhere that PLAAF didn't use a domestic version of F-7M, is that correct? If so why? :dntknw:

F-7M is a upgrade version of F-7II,with WP-7BM engnie(export version of WP-7B).Piltot tube moved to right on nose.And F-7M got 4 under wing hardpoints can loa with PL-2,PL-7,or R.550.ect[Maybe AIM-9J/L/M?]

Within a 956 HUD(used in Harrier?),and a WAC from GEC.Marcni,a new ranger scale radar

Why PLAAF have no F-7M?

1,We must know that...PLAAF always export a aircraft better than homeuse one Before 1990.

2,First flight of F-7M is in 1983,and in 1989 we got Flankers and J-7E and update project of J-7H or more.

3,F-7M,the "M"is the first word of "Mao Yi" in chinese,which means export. So F-7M must be a Export noly aircraft.

Thanks for the info Erwin. :good:

So it sounds like the J-7II/F-7II can only be armed with 2 IR A-A missiles instead of 4, right?

Thanks for the info Erwin. :good:

So it sounds like the J-7II/F-7II can only be armed with 2 IR A-A missiles instead of 4, right?

Right

Guest F-16CJ

Thanks a lot for these insights Erwin. That means I won't have too much work to convert my 21F13 FM to Jianji-7 FM :biggrin::biggrin:

Ok lets sum up:

J-7I only NR30,Ammunition base of 2X60 hair

F-7B

J-7II export models, can carry AIM-9, R-550,PL-7 missile X2

F-7BS = F-7B

J-7II

The addition of a belly supersonic drop tank 720 liters, for backward ejection ejection can carry PL-2, PL-2A, PL-5 air-to-air missiles

J-7IIA

Replacement of new electronic equipment and radio equipment of the F-7II

J-7H

Maiden flight in 1985, carrying Universal Pylon, you can launch PL-8 air-to-air missiles, J-7H previous J-7 do not have the launch capacity of PL-8Fixed arms for 2X 30-1 30mm machine cannon

J-7III/IIIA/J-7C

J-7 from the development of all-weather model, with reference to MIG-21MF, 4个pylons can carry PL-8 and PL-9 air-to-air missiles, radar for the JL-7, with a mode of air-to-air and open spaces. Range 1000 kmFixed arms for a 23-2 double-barreled 23 mm machine cannon

J-7IV/J-7D

It is said that there is a new type of HUD and a new radar, the other retro-disrupting chemicals delivery systems, the body and J-7III or MIG-21MF are different, J-7D of the body to a longer, more coarse, the same has four pylons. Mounted missiles for the PL-8 and PL-9Fixed arms for a 23-2 double-barreled 23 mm machine cannon。

The 23-2 is copy for Gsh-23L。

... J-7I only NR30,Ammunition base of 2X60 hair

Thanks alot F-16CJ.

For the ammunition, can you confirm that it is 60 for each gun (2 x 60) and not 60 for both (2 x 30) ?

Guest F-16CJ
Thanks alot F-16CJ.

For the ammunition, can you confirm that it is 60 for each gun (2 x 60) and not 60 for both (2 x 30) ?

(2X60) 30MM Shells :good:

Effective range of 800 meters :yes:

Thanks alot F-16CJ.

2 x 60 must be right IMO.

Hey Kreelin, you getting the MF people to make additions to the models?

Hey Kreelin, you getting the MF people to make additions to the models?

LOL... :no: . I'm just the FM builder :biggrin:

Edited by kreelin

Right

Thanks Erwin for the confirmation and also to F-16CJ for the additional info.

It looks like someone or some group has made a F-7 Skybolt mod for MSFS 2004:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f7skybolt

I think it would be cool if one day we could also have a comparable mod for the F-7M Airguard or F-7P for SFP1.

Hi everybody

I have read somewhere that th chinese mig-21 has a better agility especially in the late modells of the 80's

so I tink maybe u can make it a more manuverable bird...!

Hi everybody

I have read somewhere that th chinese mig-21 has a better agility especially in the late modells of the 80's

so I tink maybe u can make it a more manuverable bird...!

Ah, no.. The wing and stab values are exactly the same as the MiG-21, and the slight boost in power resulted in less than satisfactory results. You're confusing it with the J-7E and later varients, which sport a compound-delta wing, and that modification did improve the aircraft's agility. Source: http://cnair.top81.cn/F-7_J-7_J-8.htm

wasen`t there a doubledeltawinged J-7?

Did you read my last post?

um, yes I overread it, sorry J-7E and later... would be cool to see those birds in such a quality like the 29, but this will be a dream ;-)

um, yes I overread it, sorry J-7E and later... would be cool to see those birds in such a quality like the 29, but this will be a dream ;-)

Well, the MF MiG-21F-13 model could be redone without too much trouble to incorporate the extended compound-delta wings. The 'pit would be more of a challenge, as Mago is busy with other projects at the moment.