Sign in to follow this  
ArturR

F/a-18 avionics, question for modders

Hi, I,m working on the avionics for the EricJ Superhornet but I have problem with add target range counter on the Hud. F/a-18s all versions have specific avionics with characteristic "NIRD" circle. NIRD -Normalized In Range Display circle represents the maximum missile boresight steering error for optimal employment conditions. Below example screen taken from Graphsim F/a-18 ODS sim, what I'm talking about

FA-18SCREEN07.jpg

As you can see range bar moving in a circle. How to obtain this effect in our series?

Edited by ArturR

So anyone?

Based on Erwin_Hans cockpit repaint

img00011-1.jpg

img00015-2.jpg

img00017.jpg

Still need some work. Like I say I don't know how to add this "range bar". In Crusader F-15 avionics mod range bar working in up-down direction on the Hud but how to mod this to get circle moving?

So anyone?

Based on Erwin_Hans cockpit repaint

Still need some work. Like I say I don't know how to add this "range bar". In Crusader F-15 avionics mod range bar working in up-down direction on the Hud but how to mod this to get circle moving?

I haven't saw a real F-18 range bar working.

Need some pics in real life,in sim is also usefull.

Little update

I discovered that the contacts could be moddable. I mean not only shape and colour but also how they work.

Look at the targets

img00050.jpg

img00051-1.jpg

and compare to that

cele.jpg

This picture is from a manual to Digital Integration F/A-18 Super Hornet sim.

One step closer to reality. :crazy:

Edited by ArturR

Wow that is damn nice.

Looks good :ok:

All looks good. I have a couple photos of us locked onto a Russian Bear last year when it flew close to the USS Nimitz. Got to love those alert launches.

post-48559-1245724908_thumb.jpg

post-48559-1245724925_thumb.jpg

That would of been one dead Bear.

Definitely looking nice :good:

Thanks guys

Whoaa Navy ATC these photos are amazing! Unique :rolleyes:

img00042.jpg

I see that some things I need to remake. Unfortunately this range bar can't be model like in real so what you see in NIRD circle is only "Target Aspect" indicator.

I tried to upload cockpit video but file was too large. Here are a couple more photos. If you look in the window of the tail gunner closely, you can see him video taping us. Say cheese Russian guy.

post-48559-1245778720_thumb.jpg

post-48559-1245778738_thumb.jpg

Something that I always noticed was how the values didn't quite sit right in those boxes. Can that be fixed or is the .ini not precise enough to line them up?

I think that only need to change some values in "ini", i'll try to fix this. Navy ATC you killing me :clapping: , give us more "guncam" shots :dirol:

Hornet forever... ekhm and Fulcrum too

Edited by ArturR

I think that only need to change some values in "ini", i'll try to fix this. Navy ATC you killing me :clapping: , give us more "guncam" shots :dirol:

Hornet forever... ekhm and Fulcrum too

Sorry guys. It'll be a couple days. I'll have to go through all my photos to see if I have anymore cam photos. Tons of in flight photos and a couple videos. I'm in the process of moving and won't have all my gear for a couple days. Moving from Virginia to Florida. No longer with VFA-81. Going to work with the F-35 project. Will make a gallery of photos once I get them all back.

I tried to upload cockpit video but file was too large. Here are a couple more photos. If you look in the window of the tail gunner closely, you can see him video taping us. Say cheese Russian guy.

Got me a couple good Bear and a Flanker shot, though gotta find it.

But ArtuR, since I'm no guru at this, I would defintely like it added to the project I've got. Unfortunate thing is I'm in transit and can't always be on, but I am definitely wanting this added to it.

But ArtuR, since I'm no guru at this, I would defintely like it added to the project I've got. Unfortunate thing is I'm in transit and can't always be on, but I am definitely wanting this added to it.

I'm still experimenting/fixing/etc... so maybe two weeks :biggrin:

I looked at the avionics70.dll file and noticed few interesting features, I know "GMT/TF" radar modes don't work but what about "Steering_CUE", "Steerpoint_SYMBOL", did anyone try these entries?

Well the transition period threw me in the "two weeks" as well. I've got the time... but I do other things, and other things to worry about, so that's fine with me too bro.