Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Categories of Pilots

Guest British_eh

...as we know there are Categories for British, German, French and American.

Should we request a category for Canadian's?

Regards,

Canadian_eh

British_eh

The groupings represent their respective air services, rather than nationalities. Canada had no separate Air Force until the end of the Great War. However, the nationalities of pilots are noted in their bios.

Cheers,

shredward

On the Western Front, 2AFC, 3AFC, 4AFC were all reformed from British units, manned by men from the land down under. Canadian pilots made up about 1/4 of the numbers in the RFC/RAF, but there were no official Canadian units.

Cheers,

shredward

On the Western Front, 2AFC, 3AFC, 4AFC were all reformed from British units, manned by men from the land down under. Canadian pilots made up about 1/4 of the numbers in the RFC/RAF, but there were no official Canadian units.

Cheers,

shredward

Well, the "Black Flight" of Naval 10 was made up of all Canadian pilots. so I suppose even if there weren't Canadian squadrons, there were Canadian flights. That's about as close as you're gonna come.

It isn't enough for you Canucks that your pilots hogged almost all of the top spots on the kill lists (Bishop, Collishaw, MacLaren, etc.)? Let the Brits at least own their units even if your guys were their best pilots :yes:

ttt

Edited by tttiger

If another nationality should be added, then the Austrian pilots. Then, the Germans wouldn't stand so alone against 4 nations,

(And that way, I would get my OeFAG Albatros - the BETTER version of the Alb - Lol!)

I have tremendous respect for my neighbors to the north. Fine people and culture. It is best not to argue whether or not Canada is mentioned by name. Let us try to remember that Canada and many other great nations and cultures fought bravely on both sides. It is a shame so many citizens of these great nations and cultures did not live past their teens and twenties. Mnay of our relatives served in armed forces of nations throughout the World. Some of our relatives fought on the side that won and some of our relatives fought for the side that lost. It is a great calamity that violence among our families and nations ever occurred in the first place.