Sign in to follow this  
column5

SF2 Weapon Editor Released

Wow. The "Edit" screen is huge.

Missiles from WoI are there too...

Huh... :blink: Were there sea skimming missiles there before??? Funny how the game has wire-guided, or beam-riding missile types and IFF interrrogator without them being used in stock setup. Yet.

Wow, love the new editor, and how it categorizes weapons.

Thanks for posting, sure beats trying to use notepad for 1000+ weapons.

Wow! I can see the modders smile from here! :biggrin:

I suppose a weaposn pack for SF2 will be shortly released by te community... can wait for Aim120, AGM88 and some other nice stuff...

This was my one hold up to getting SF2.

I wonder if it will run on my newly ordered Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows 7?

:good:

This was my one hold up to getting SF2.

I wonder if it will run on my newly ordered Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows 7?

:good:

Good question I will have to load SF2 on my work laptop which I've been using to play with Windows 7.

Well, so far, we've got weapons, aircraft ported over...what's remaining?

FC

Gun Editor and Terrain Editor.

FC

I can think of two....New Terrain Editor and a Target Placement Tool....My 2 cents...

331KillerBee

FC

A Gun Editor perhaps? :this:

The Old Gun Editor will still work. There's no .LOD's involved with the GunData.INI. Just Effects....

The Old Gun Editor will still work. There's no .LOD's involved with the GunData.INI. Just Effects....

:good: Cheers for that info bud. Working on it now

Keep in mind, That the "Modded" GunData.ini would go into Your Objects Folder in Your SF2 "MODS" Folder.....

Let me know what I'm doing wrong here. I created a new folder called 'Mods' in this location:

User Name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Mods

Right so far? :blink:

I've placed the GunData.ini file in this folder. :yes:

What do I try and run this in compatibility mode with? The usual Win98/ME mode? :blink:

Or do I re-install the GunEditor in the C:/Windows/System folder? :blink:

Don't get me wrong, the game's working fine. I'm just totally confused as to the nuts and bolts of working the Gun Editor with Vista :blink:

No Sorry.... Inside Your UserName/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Mods......There should be a "Objects" Folder already created. Place Your newly created GunData.ini in that Folder.....The old GunData.DAT Files isn't required (I've been told. But, I still include it just in case.).

As far as compatibility, You can run the Editor in any Mode of Your choosing. Besides, since the .Dat isn't required, ( again, second hand) The Editor is just a fancy Notepad Program.

Edited by 331Killerbee

No Sorry.... Inside Your UserName/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Mods......There should be a "Objects" Folder already created. Place Your newly created GunData.ini in that Folder.....The old GunData.DAT Files isn't required (I've been told. But, I still include it just in case.).

I'm totally lost now. There wasn't any 'Mods' folder in that directory to start with. I had to create it myself.

So I've create an 'Objects' folder within the 'Mods' folder which looks like this:

User Name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Mods/Objects

Right so far?

I've extracted the GunData.ini from SF2's ObjectData001 CATfile and placed it in this folder.

How am I doing?

What I need to know as well is, is this where I install the Gun Editor as well?

I'm sorry Ultramax.......Duh! I'm thinking of My own install of SF2.

It should go into the UserName/SavedGames/ThireWire/StrikeFighters2/Objects........No MODS Folder....

Sorry for the confusion....

You can Install the Editor anywhere You like. As long as it can read the GunData.ini.....

Edited by 331Killerbee

I'm sorry Ultramax.......Duh! I'm thinking of My own install of SF2.

It should go into the UserName/SavedGames/ThireWire/StrikeFighters2/Objects........No MODS Folder....

Sorry for the confusion....

No worries bud. I assume I'm to install the Gun Editor in this folder as well, yeah?

What compatibility mode does it work on? Windows 98 as usual?

What compatibility mode does it work on? Windows 98 as usual?

I usually place My Editors and Utilities outside of the "Game's" Folder. But, I see no problem in doing what You suggest. As long as it can open the GunData.ini, all is well.

As far as Capability. 98 Mode should work fine........But, I'm not running Vista or 64 Bit of anykind. Just XP.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Ultramax and others....

I should clairify Myself. SF2 is in UNICODE. So there is no reason for a .DAT File to be saved. That's what the "Old Gun Editor" did for SF1/WOX Games. Since SF2 didn't add any new Gun Entries. It can still be used. The .DAT File that was generated for the "Old" Format is not required........At least in My testing.... :victory:

(Disregard this Post. Info is Wrong. You still need the .Dat)

Edited by 331Killerbee

So tell me where I'm going wrong here.

1. I downloaded the TW Gun Editor and installed it in the User Name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters/Objects folder.

2. I extacted the GunData.ini file from the ObjectData001.cat file and placed it in the User Name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters/Objects folder.

3. The Gun Editor will work in Win98 compatibility mode. I've requested it to open the GunData.ini file mentioned in No.2 above - no joy

:dntknw: