Hello ladies and gents

I am slowly starting on a campaign project... the basic idea is well nailed down and I think to have understood the basic of campaign editing to the point I can proceeed from tutorial to trial and error (but having a referenced map of Dhimar and Parani with grid coordinates would be good...I haven been able to find one), but still I have some issues that will benefit from other people inputs...

The basic assumption is a new flare up of the tension between Dhimar and Paran in 1996... the US, UK and some samller NATO countries send an expeditionary force to support Dhimar, but thanks to woefully divided western government a an unwillinginess to commit units to direct operations the NATO forces are kept in the defensive. The burden of the cross border operations in this first stage of the war is put on the dhimar air forces... now...

except from some elite F15A units the rest of the Dhimar squadrons are unbelievably poor, undersupported, understaffed and underfunded notwithstanding years of US and western backing. So for day to day operation several Combat Support Squadron are created with western pilot and machines to ostensibly support the Dhimari (they are reprensented as auxiliry or training units, but are mixed combat forces...) staffed by a lot of NATO and Allied pilota seconded to the Dhimari Arir forces on temporary assignement... now the idea is cool... but...

What planes the actual dhimari are flying? I have settled for the 1st and 2ns Fighter squadrons (1st Royal Dhimari TFW) equipped with F15A, and a detachment of E3A to gave AWACS support... but of the run of the mill attack and multirole ( :blink: big word for the dhimari)units what I can use? any suggestion I want to give them an almost obsolete look... but not soo old at the moment I am thinking on Hunters, Lighthing (UK), maybe A4, F105 or F5... suggestions?

Remember the CSS flown a mix of F4, A7 and early marks F16 in the beginning of the campaign.

Arrigo

Hello ladies and gents

I am slowly starting on a campaign project... the basic idea is well nailed down and I think to have understood the basic of campaign editing to the point I can proceeed from tutorial to trial and error (but having a referenced map of Dhimar and Parani with grid coordinates would be good...I haven been able to find one), but still I have some issues that will benefit from other people inputs...

The basic assumption is a new flare up of the tension between Dhimar and Paran in 1996... the US, UK and some samller NATO countries send an expeditionary force to support Dhimar, but thanks to woefully divided western government a an unwillinginess to commit units to direct operations the NATO forces are kept in the defensive. The burden of the cross border operations in this first stage of the war is put on the dhimar air forces... now...

except from some elite F15A units the rest of the Dhimar squadrons are unbelievably poor, undersupported, understaffed and underfunded notwithstanding years of US and western backing. So for day to day operation several Combat Support Squadron are created with western pilot and machines to ostensibly support the Dhimari (they are reprensented as auxiliry or training units, but are mixed combat forces...) staffed by a lot of NATO and Allied pilota seconded to the Dhimari Arir forces on temporary assignement... now the idea is cool... but...

What planes the actual dhimari are flying? I have settled for the 1st and 2ns Fighter squadrons (1st Royal Dhimari TFW) equipped with F15A, and a detachment of E3A to gave AWACS support... but of the run of the mill attack and multirole ( :blink: big word for the dhimari)units what I can use? any suggestion I want to give them an almost obsolete look... but not soo old at the moment I am thinking on Hunters, Lighthing (UK), maybe A4, F105 or F5... suggestions?

Remember the CSS flown a mix of F4, A7 and early marks F16 in the beginning of the campaign.

Arrigo

how about some low cost europeain fighters like mirage IIIC or fiats mmb´s

F-5 has been part of MAP in 60 70´s

Hi Arrigo,

If you are looking for a map with grids extract the planningmap from the stock desert cat file. That should do the trick.

Great concept, best of luck - KRFRGE

Thanks for the tips... I am thinking to add a couple od dhimar F5 wings and maybe some mirage... now let me see how the cat pack works... :biggrin:

Arrigo

Thanks for the tips... I am thinking to add a couple od dhimar F5 wings and maybe some mirage... now let me see how the cat pack works... :biggrin:

Arrigo

go to downloads seccion and get SFP1E Extract utility its dare some were or got Check6 that here i got it.

I got it... it was a joke to say "let me see what I can do to with the cat pack and the files"

Sometime jokes doesn't go very well over the net especially when you translate from your language to english...

... now it is time to write another batch of squadrons...