Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Weapons Pak for WW2 Installs

Weapons Pak for WW2 Installs

WW2 Weapons Pak: for SF/WoV/WoE

FOR USE -ONLY- IN INSTALLS PATCHED TO 10/2006 LEVELS!!!

Since there seems to have been a small upsurge in interest in WW2-based installs of the 3rd Wire series, and a distinct lack of a 'dedicated' weapons pack for such usage, this is a project that I'd been working on for some time, albeit very slowly.

It is based off the '06 Bunyap Pak, pared down to the bare bone with ALL other weapons removed that have a start date later than 1950. I've tried to include everything I could find that fits this era, and without a doubt probably missed a few. You can search out and add any of the missing items, if any, yourselves. OOTH, I've probably left in a few 'era inappropiate' devices as well. As their service dates are beyond the time limit of WW2, they should create no interferences.

As was with the BunyPak, all the weapons are 'nationalized' to the best of my ability, to the WW2 Nations ini. You'll have the usual suspects, Nazi Germany, Japanese Empire, RAF (ie:UK), France, USAF, USN, etc. Please note that WW2 Italy uses Luftwaffe weapons, as no one has ever created any RA specific types.

It is designed to cover all the WW2 Theaters of Operation: PTO (including Southeast Asia), MTO, ETO (incuding all WW2 Soviet in case the Eastern Front ever open up), and some allied nations, for both sides.

Included is also a GunData.ini and GunData.dat that should contain ALL the guns, from all eras, most expecially all the large caliber naval guns for the battleships and such like.

As always, unzip this to a temp folder somwhere, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. These instructions are CRITICAL to installation, so it's suggested you REALLLLLY read them through.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Kevin,

This is magnificent, thanks very much for compiling this pack :biggrin::good:

Now, off to "slim down" my various WW2 install weapons folders :yes: :biggrin:

Good stuff for 14 and 1/2 WWII install fans :yes:

:rofl:

How true! But, as stated in the readme:

Credits/Sources:

Bunyap, for so long ago creating this pack from which to work;

All the other modder/model builders expanding the limits of this game series to "other places and times";

the 18.6 of us playing WW2 in all it's forms ;) <wink> including those 'still in the closet'

and, of course, TK for creating the open marvel for us to mess with.

emphasis added. I think somebody's kid is playing WW2 stuff, hence the decimal person!!! :biggrin:

wrench

kevin stein

Cheera Allen

This WW2 is a standalone upgrade? IE doesnt need latest weapons pack also?? because no loadouts seem to work with the ww2 weps pack and my aircraft..??even with the updated nations.ini :dntknw:

Is it that WoI is my problem??

Did you even READ the readme???? Or the very first line in the release statement above?

WW2 Weapons Pak: for SF/WoV/WoE -- FOR USE -ONLY- IN INSTALLS PATCHED TO 10/2006 LEVELS!!!

Over the last year or so, it's been covered and covered and covered and re-coverd....ALL the WW2 aircraft need major overhauls to their data ini for use with WoI, and postpatch SF/WoV/WoE.

Those types of installs are NOT reccomended. The WW2 aircraft are NOT reccomended for use in postpatch SF/WoE/WoV and most certainly in WoI. New parameters were intruduced that really mess up the flight models; everything from exploding on the runway at mission start, to inveted flat spins when you least expect.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench! :ok:

ok ok sorry guys- Ive been reading so much the last few days its all a bit of a blur.But Thanks