Sign in to follow this  
Madprof

Installing FC over Lock On v1.02 with mods?

Hi,quite new to Lock On,have recently upgraded to v1.02 and have installed new skins,sounds and other minor mods etc.My question to those in the know is,if I install Flaming Cliffs will this overide my mods I have installed previously on Lock On?Any help would really be appreciated thanks.

Do yourself a favor, install Lock On fresh. A clean install. Run it for a minute. Don't patch it. Reboot and defrag. Install Flaming Cliffs. Run it for a few minutes. Reboot and defrag. Patch to 1.12a/b (a is XP, b is Vista). Reboot and defrag. If you do it any other way you'll eventually end up doing it the way I've laid out for you here. If you install over mods and everything else you'll have a corrupted install.

Thanks for the advice,I'm glad I asked,I'm really getting into this so I want it to be right.

Download and install hyperlobby, create a account and hope online and fly with people.

...and don't worry if you are on XP and cant find patch v1.12a anywhere, you can use 1.12b and the extra Vista bits will be ignored.

Actually, I had to install 1.12b on my XP box because stupid SF wouldn't work with my new DVD drive with 1.12a!

Gotta love starforce...

Gotta love starforce...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In vietnam,our Lock On Community is very different.They are always install Lock On Flaming Cliffs 1.1 from Lock On Orginal 1.00 version not from Lock On v1.02 becuse it make something mistake while install FC 1.1. You should install clean because your mods can damage the program=> Uninstall.

In vietnam,our Lock On Community is very different.They are always install Lock On Flaming Cliffs 1.1 from Lock On Orginal 1.00 version not from Lock On v1.02.....

That is what Ruggbutt told MadProf to do. Ruggbutt said install "fresh" and "dont patch it" meaning a new Lockon 1.0 install.

Edited by Brit_Radar_Dude