Sign in to follow this  
Gous

OFF Advanced skinning tutorial

The new advanced skinning tutorial for OFF is ready! It will guide you through easy steps, to make the Nieuport 17 skin I uploaded yesterday.

>Link here<

Note that the file cannot be downloaded until the admins approve it. So you have to wait a couple of hours first.

Have fun :)

Nice one Gous!... A very welcome addition for all us OFF skinning Noobs!!!

This is what I get when I click on the link "We could not find the file specified" any ideas? Or have I not waited long enough?

:huh:

01:02 h after midnite in Berlin - download worked well.

I'll look at it tomorrow, so I can't say anything right now, but thank you, Gous.

01:02 h after midnite in Berlin - download worked well.

I'll look at it tomorrow, so I can't say anything right now, but thank you, Gous.

It will be ok to download now...

Got the tutorial. Looks good. Is it permissible to use Bump Maps or Alpha Channels?

The new advanced skinning tutorial for OFF is ready! It will guide you through easy steps, to make the Nieuport 17 skin I uploaded yesterday.

Great work - Cheers :good::clapping:

I have already started to work on some new advanced skinning projects.

I think the title is a bit misleading: "advanced" is not really appropriate. I think the tut is good to cover some basics, but I was expecting something different because of the title. 

Just my 0.2 cents.

A tip to finish : when you add stripes and such to an original paint, I would recommended to lower the opacity of your new paint layer to show some of the details underneath (such as ribs, rivets, etc...). Something like 80% opacity should do but it really depends on the colours of the base paint and of your new paint. Play also with the layer blending mode to achieve this effect.

If you don't do this, your stripe will not integrate well with the base paint.

I think the title is a bit misleading: "advanced" is not really appropriate. I think the tut is good to cover some basics, but I was expecting something different because of the title.

Of course it is not advanced in general. I just used this word to make it clear that this tutorial here, is more advanced than the old one I had uploaded :biggrin:.