Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Delting from the Gallery...

I posted a series of pics today of an Albatros tangling with a Airco DH-2. [3D models of my own, not screen shots from OFF] I acidently posted one twice, but I don't see a 'Delete' button. Seems there must be one close by? [The attached pic is the one.]

Very nice! I like it. What did you use for the background?

Very nice! I like it. What did you use for the background?

A photo culled from a book on Chesapeake Bay from the air.

A photo culled from a book on Chesapeake Bay from the air.

It's a strong compsition and a good start, but you need to make the direction and colour of the lighting on your models consistent with that of the background image. At the moemnt they look like they're sitting on top of the background photograph rather than being part of its world.

Edited by JohnGresham

It's a strong compsition and a good start, but you need to make the direction and colour of the lighting on your models consistent with that of the background image. At the moemnt they look like they're sitting on top of the background photograph rather than being part of its world.

True. It was a consistent background that I used as I worked on the modeling and posed the two planes. Lighting will vary wildly. Sometimes it was correct but I moved a light, or two, to bring out shadowed details. Over three days, or so, of modeling and tweaking, I must have rendered out about 20 full-screen shots. I put a few on the Gallery.

Anyone know how to remove a duplicate?