Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

Flight characteristics- joystick/keyboard gone AWOL

Guest British_eh

Hi there:

Have had P3 up and running, but now a new twist. Can't control my aircraft as both the joystick and keyboard don't seem to function with OFF. Tried it with CFS3 and they both work perfectly.

Have had a bit of an issue where when I start my Mission, I have to Pause, and go to Esc, then drop down box, and select Controls. Then, for some reason my pedal show up as the main controller. In my CFS3 Control I have : CFS3, Flight Sim, Mine, and FF. The CH Pedals are associated with Mine, and FF is associated with my X52 Saiteck FCSystem. I then select FF and X52, OK, then close the drop down box, and it seems OK. Now though, it seems to want to go back to Pedals and Mine. I can get off the ground, then when I use trim, ) keyboard) it doesn't work, but seems to flicker, then the Joystick controls intermitently it seems, and next, and dirt nap. Very frustrating.

Q 1. Can I remove the Mine and CH Pedals?

Q 2. Will the Pedals work without a special designation

Q 3. Is there a conflict somewhere?

Q 4. Reinstalled P3, as CFS3 seemed to work perfectly with all controls.

Q 5. Help!

Cheers,

British_eh

Guest British_eh

I noticed that when I went into CFS3 Devices it had CH Pedals and Yoke, instead of X52

Saitek?

Is this where you would edit this stuff? :shok:

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh

No idea apart from what is in the FAQ regarding rudder pedals etc.

Otherwise hopefully someone with your setup can help.

Do you have your yoke and joystick both connected? I know that if I try that (I'm running CH Combatstick and Pro Pedals and CH Flight Yoke) my controls lock up in the left turn position. When I unplug the yoke and restart the game everything works fine.

CJ

Hi there:

Have had P3 up and running, but now a new twist. Can't control my aircraft as both the joystick and keyboard don't seem to function with OFF. Tried it with CFS3 and they both work perfectly.

Have had a bit of an issue where when I start my Mission, I have to Pause, and go to Esc, then drop down box, and select Controls. Then, for some reason my pedal show up as the main controller.

British S!

I hope I can help here. I know what i want to say, I only hope it gets to you the same :)

OK, you are using two controllers to fly OFF. As you say above you pause etc and finally get to Controls.

Under Configuration, you should select Mine - OFF ( unlike CFS3 itself) does not , and cannot, use any other configuration, so you must only use the Mine one.

You say your pedals show up as the main controller. This is OK. The Controls have to pick one of your controllers and it happens to show the pedals as the main one.

Under Joystick type, you should find a button next to the pedals controller which if you click it will then select and show the X52

Now, staying with the pedals you will see the list of functions, usually the first is the aileron axis .yes?

If that has X or anything under the Control column, then select it and delete it using the Delete Assignment tab at the bottom.

Do the same for all other Axes- elevator, throttle EXCEPT the Rudder Axis. This you should select and then use Add Assignment to add the pedals -( You normally are asked to move the pedals to assign it )

Now go back to Joystick type and select the X52.

Look at the Axes in that and assign the aileron and elevator and throttle axis to your X52.

Look at the rudder Axis and make sure that is blank, if necessary use the Delete Assignment button at the bottom.

Now at bottom right there is a Save Config As tab . Use that to Save your file . YOU MUST save it as "Mine"

Now you should be OK.

In essence what you have done is allocate things to the appropriate controller, Ailerons, elevator and throttle to the X52 - with no rudder instruction, and

Rudder to your pedals- with no aileron, elevator or throttle instruction.

Before, these may have been duplicated and confused the sim.

HTH

Edited by Fortiesboy

Guest British_eh

Thanks mate! Will sort it out SUnday when I'm home.

Cheers,

Briitish_eh

British S!

I hope I can help here. I know what i want to say, I only hope it gets to you the same :)

OK, you are using two controllers to fly OFF. As you say above you pause etc and finally get to Controls.

Under Configuration, you should select Mine - OFF ( unlike CFS3 itself) does not , and cannot, use any other configuration, so you must only use the Mine one.

You say your pedals show up as the main controller. This is OK. The Controls have to pick one of your controllers and it happens to show the pedals as the main one.

Under Joystick type, you should find a button next to the pedals controller which if you click it will then select and show the X52

Now, staying with the pedals you will see the list of functions, usually the first is the aileron axis .yes?

If that has X or anything under the Control column, then select it and delete it using the Delete Assignment tab at the bottom.

Do the same for all other Axes- elevator, throttle EXCEPT the Rudder Axis. This you should select and then use Add Assignment to add the pedals -( You normally are asked to move the pedals to assign it )

Look at the Axes in that and assign the aileron and elevator and throttle axis to your X52.

Look at the rudder Axis and make sure that is blank, if necessary use the Delete Assignment button at the bottom.

Now at bottom right there is a Save Config As tab . Use that to Save your file . YOU MUST save it as "Mine"

Now you should be OK.

In essence what you have done is allocate things to the appropriate controller, Ailerons, elevator and throttle to the X52 - with no rudder instruction, and

HTH

I am using WindowsXP and a CH Yoke and Ch Pro pedals and when I delete all the entries in the yoke relating to the rudder and delete all the entries in the rudder relating to everything but the rudder and try to use Add Assignment to add the pedals by moving the pedals to assign it the movement will not register, nothing happens. How in the world do I go about getting the rudders to work as rudders and the yoke as a yoke?

British S!

Now you should be OK.

HTH

For some reason the rudder appears along with the yoke in the controller menu but when I try to assign a rudder movement after deleting everything else it does not assifn the rudder movement in the controller menu, nothing happens like the program does not recognize the rudder. I don't understand that, any ideas?