Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

So How Do You Export?

Guest pfunkmusik

I have the 3rd Wire plugin installed. The Plugin Manager sees it. I have made a small building, but how do I export it now?

pfunk

I have the 3rd Wire plugin installed. The Plugin Manager sees it. I have made a small building, but how do I export it now?

pfunk

Once you've added the TWexporter as a button, you simply select "all" (to make sure you're highlighting all the meshes), press the button with the hammer icon, choose the TWexport button when it appears, and choose "export without decals", define the location you want the lod saved in, name the lod, and you're done.

Export.JPG

Guest pfunkmusik
Once you've added the TWexporter as a button, you simply select "all" (to make sure you're highlighting all the meshes), press the button with the hammer icon, choose the TWexport button when it appears, and choose "export without decals", define the location you want the lod saved in, name the lod, and you're done.

post-279-1237753843_thumb.jpg

Now if I use Lithunwrap to paint something and I export it without decals, the paint will still show up, correct?

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik

There must be a Vista 64-bit incompatibility or something, because I've created the button, clicked it, renamed...twice...and there's nothing in my scenes folder.

pfunk

hmm. Try saving it to desktop? Although I thought another modder was having problems with 64 bit Vista and the exporter too.

Guest pfunkmusik

Yeah, I moved my 3DSMax install to a 32-bit XP machine. Exports fine. The plugin doesn't play nice with Vista 64-bit.

Well, I started exporting in 1994 when I only has 2 ships. The export business back then was huge and I had more cargo than ships. In one year I made enough money to buy 3 more ships and with 5 ships I was hardly able to keep up with the demand. So I started taking highly specialzied cargo overseas that yielded much more money that a normal port to port run.....wait why do I have the feeling this is not what you meant by exporting...

:lol:

Well, I started exporting in 1994 when I only has 2 ships. The export business back then was huge and I had more cargo than ships. In one year I made enough money to buy 3 more ships and with 5 ships I was hardly able to keep up with the demand. So I started taking highly specialzied cargo overseas that yielded much more money that a normal port to port run.....wait why do I have the feeling this is not what you meant by exporting...

:lol:

Dave, go EXPORT yourself! :rofl: