Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

Runtime Error: 1480

Greetings!

Just got my copy in the mail yesterday. Got er' all patched up (1.28a), plowed through all the faqs, done the video setup, cfs3config setups and suggestions, etc. I think I've done everything and have read everything I could find. Runs beautifully! [for the most part] I'm loving it so far!

I'm getting this error once in a while in a popup window and then CTD:

Runtime Error: 1480

Can't create AutoDraw image

I seem to need to reboot the entire computer to clear it up. I've only got maybe two hours in total and it's happened three times now. Once when I was trying to look at my log book, once when I was trying to "Go to Field" from QC and most recently after I touched down after successfully completing a QC mission (and scoring a kill). Sad part, when it CTD it lost all record that I'd even flown the mission.

I searched the forum here for string matches and found nothing. I found nothing on the faq or help section either. Anybody have any idea on this one? It's not a huge problem but it is annoying. Game works perfectly other than this.

BTW, my specs are in my sig. I'm running XP SP3.

Thanks for any advice

PS:

Oops, I'm sorry. Just found the other thread about this problem. Sounds like no one has any ideas about it. Oh well, just my luck.

Any thoughts would certainly be welcome though.

Thank you!

Edited by HomeBoy

Another piece of the puzzle:

I discovered after this happens (and apparently the need to reboot) there must be a process stuck in memory because when I go to shutdown the system, a popup shows this error briefly before it goes away and the shutdown begins:

The instruction at "0x774fb ... something" could not be read

at least I'm pretty sure that's what it said. It went away before I could write it all down.

Two possibilities I can think of:

1. Shut down all unnecessary programs before you run BHaH. I use EnditAll2. Seems to work pretty well.

2. What are your swap file settings? Is it user defined or Windows managed? If managed by Windows, change it to a user defined static size--between 1X-1.5X the amount of RAM you have.

Thanks Herr Prop.

I should be fine with swap (Have mine set at 3306,4096) which is all you can get when running 4GB with XP.

I use FSautostart (similar to Enditall) but I haven't set it up to use with OFF yet. I'll do that next and see if it helps.

Thanks for the tip. Hope that will fix it.

-mark

Thanks Herr-Prop,

Trimming back the processes apparently has fixed the mysterious 1480 problem. I've got my running processes down to 29 now which is better than the 50 or so that normally run. I'm sure if I were to spend the time I could trim it even more but that does seem to have fixed it.

Much abliged sir! <S>!

Thanks Herr-Prop,

Trimming back the processes apparently has fixed the mysterious 1480 problem. I've got my running processes down to 29 now which is better than the 50 or so that normally run. I'm sure if I were to spend the time I could trim it even more but that does seem to have fixed it.

Much abliged sir! <S>!

You may also want to check out blackviper.com. He even has 7 Beta up.

You may also want to check out blackviper.com. He even has 7 Beta up.

Yeah, that's a good site and a great place to go to get your process count down on your machine. I haven't visited in a while and did after reading your post. He has XP SP3 updates there so I plowed back through all my services last night. Cleaned up about six more processes. Even did my wife's computer which got rid of a bunch of unnecessary processes as well.

Thanks for that. A visit to blackviper is always a good thing to do. Sort of like flossing your teeth. :rofl: