Sign in to follow this  
joeroma

Only a doubt

Only a doubt

I was wondering why the aircraft controlled by 'AI is not able to land when they arrived at the base. :dntknw:

And I can not understand, as always able to make the center with bombs or rockets.

when attacking a target, whatever it is, always manage to center, the error rate on the target was quite high.

And one last thing: to be added to the heavy bombers?

it is really a great game

one of the most fun

regards

they do....you just gotta travel on beyond the field 7 miles, then turn around and come back and they'll be landing. It's probably an unchangeable code in the game.....just take a looooong base leg if you like see all of 'em home and on the ground

Hey, that's interesting, GAW

Didn't know that. I'll try it this evening.

they do....you just gotta travel on beyond the field 7 miles, then turn around and come back and they'll be landing. It's probably an unchangeable code in the game.....just take a looooong base leg if you like see all of 'em home and on the ground

They can't stand the idea of you landing first and getting to the CO bar before they can, thus.. they come in way to fast, way to high, etc. and frequently crash.. bloody idiots. :biggrin:

That's why it's called artificial intelligence. Hopefully it'll never be as good as the real thing.

CJ

Hi Guys,

One of my first missions as a young German pilot we were heading back to the airfield after an uneventful patrol of our lines. As the airfield came in sight, my flight lead made a strong right

turn, taking us back to the front.

I got pretty excited as we hadn't seen combat for a few days and scanned the horizon feverishly

for EA. Only when we got over our frontlines did our flight lead make an about face to take us

back to Bertincourt. I made a flyby as I external viewed to watch four EIII's land perfectly.

It was an awesome sight.

Buckner.

Cool, I just assumed they flew around and around indefinately!... I would like to see them land

I've had mixed results with this. On most flights I land and end the mission, but sometimes I follow the lead and land last. When I land last, I would say a good half the time they don't all land... some crash. Say I am fifth in a flight of five, one or two of the others will crash and burn while the rest make perfect landings. Also, I have often returned home to find the other flight that took off with us, on a different mission, are back with their engines running, but at a full stop.

My understanding is that if there is enough support by way game disks sold that there will be "official" planes added in the future. No guarantee's about type but would think Gothas and Vicker Vimy etc. would be considered. That's part of the reason I'm out there pimpin'.

It needs new code to land WW1 craft perfectly, which is not in there at the moment. They will generally not land well so apart from fun, end the mission earlier and avoid the mess.

We are looking into what is possible.

Vickers Vimy, although a fine plane, is not actually a WWI plane. First 3 Vimys were delivevred 31.10 1918. And only 1 was during the war in France. War ended before it was actually used in strategic bombing.

Well OK. There were 3 Vickers Vimys in the great war, but their contribution to RAF was insignificant. It was only in July 1919 when delivers to RAF actually started.

No offence, but that's what Kenneth Munson's book " The Pocket Encyclopedia of World Aircraft in Colour - Bombers, Patrol and Reconnaissance Aircraft 1914 - 1919 " says.

So perhaps some more numerous planes first? :dntknw:

Thanks Uncle, the Hadley/Page is what I had meant to say and no offence taken Cpt..

That's why it's called artificial intelligence. Hopefully it'll never be as good as the real thing.

Who says there's REAL intelligence yet? All it takes is a short walk out your door and you'll be convinced there's zero intelligent life on this planet :rofl:

True that Bullethead! The philosophy I've had for years is that people, in general, are stupid. Just look at the news. My philosophy is reinforced every day.

CJ

True that Bullethead! The philosophy I've had for years is that people, in general, are stupid. Just look at the news. My philosophy is reinforced every day.

CJ

CJ:

I don't think that people are stupid. The problem as I see it is that a lot of people think that everyone else is stupid and that they are smarter than everybody else.

Tony

re: typhoon: 100 % ACK

but also CJ 100 % ACK

you discuss the same thing :-)

cordially,

your increasingly stupid

Tom

There have been a lot of people who thought they were smarter than everyone else, but in the end it was them who end up looking not so smart.

CJ

Florrie Capp: "Did you even notice: you often talked to yourself recently?"

Andy Capp: "The only way to have an intelligent conversation in this house."

(I love the Andy Capp books by Smythe. They should make you depressed about his

view at mankind - but they make me laugh each time again.)

Edited by Olham