Sign in to follow this  
Denzil

Skunkworks News Update

Well, as much as I'd like to say I haven't been around because I'm working hard on SF's updates, I haven't been...but others have! 8)

My fellow team members have been working very hard the last 2 weeks and I know most of you have probably already seen everything I'm about to show you...but others might not have.

First of all, planes.

The first plane we got in the game occured quite a while ago, Daves Su-17 was put in for us by Dan at Thirdwire (too busy doing that - hence buggy game :D ) And so its looking pretty good.

The next plane put in was the F-105 (again by dave) heres some shots which you've probably allready seen:

f105_ingame_1.jpg

f105_ingame_2.jpg

Its in a very early state with no animations working at the moment.

Now on to Swedes Viggen...WHOA! :shock: What a nice aircraft, here are some shots that speak for themselves.

14.jpg

9.jpg

16.jpg

The amazing thing is that alot of his animations are allready done. Its really coming along well.

The cuban campaign tile set is also coming along nicely. Heres some multiplay shots using Dueces and Wolf-257's tiles:

newtile2.JPG

newtile5.JPG

newtile3.JPG

Big Beer is also working up some marine objects for us...here are some early shots:

JackupR4.jpg

They are ingame now but I don't have any screenies :(

Well, I hope that helps keeping you up-to-date with everything happening over at the 'Works. Things are looking very cool here Jeff, oh...we are stealing your information database idea :lol::lol::lol:

Send any questions, send 'em my way...either here or through private message i'll see what I can do to help (no timeline questions though :D )

Denzil

Guest Ranger332

what can i say great this game will even rivel usaf and cfs2 on the updates,and mods that will be out (soon i hope :) )

ty for the the info

Thanks...looks great!

Is there any way to increase the numbers of tilesets in SF? Right now we have what, five? Water, desert, farmland, city, and mountain. Can you add to that amount in order to create a much more varied environement? Also, is it possible to create multiple transition tiles, so terrain no longer has that pixelated look when viewed from very high, or in the map?

Guest Ranger332
what can i say  great this game will even rivel usaf and cfs2 on the updates,and mods that will be out (soon i hope :) )

ty for the the info

Is there any way to increase the numbers of tilesets in SF? Right now we have what, five? Water, desert, farmland, city, and mountain. Can you add to that amount in order to create a much more varied environement? Also, is it possible to create multiple transition tiles, so terrain no longer has that pixelated look when viewed from very high, or in the map?

Well, this aint my area...what I can tell you is that you should post what you just said over the Skunkworks in the Terrain forum, I can prod some people over in that direction :D

Denzil