Sign in to follow this  
PIGHUNTA69

Cold Starts

Hi there everybody, i was wondering how to get your airplane to be completely off when the sim starts. Everytime i fly in free flight the plane is already up and running. I would really like to get the aircraft running on its own.

Get thirdwire series :biggrin:

http://www.fs-freeware.net/modules.php?nam...cle&sid=834

Not completely sure this is the bird i´m thinking about but one of the renditions of the TU-154 for MSFS had to be started completely from the bottom. It takes some time to learn but its very realistic and the model and VC is as good as it gets.

What i do is start a flight and Taxi the aircraft to the parking area and then shut everything down. Then i save the flight and check the Make Default Flight box. Then just exit and restart the sim and when you start a flight it should be cold and dark.

This is in FS9 and older versions, i don't have FSX so i'm not sure if anything has changed to prevent using this method. Hope it helps!

Thanks for all of the replies but i am still stuck. I have FSX and i checked all the options in the settings and other menus but to no avail. Hopefully someone has the answer.

I found this file at AVSIM.....

Cold and Dark Cockpit ZipDive! Download

File Description:

This file is a replacement for FS X's default situation file, giving you a cold and dark cockpit, everything switched off and fuel tanks empty, on each single flight created by the "free flight" screen on startup.

Filename: cdx.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 14th October 2006

Downloads: 9584

Author: Henning Schaefer

Size: 4kb

This should solve your problem.

Edited by firehawkordy