Sign in to follow this  
VF101_KurtStudent

Hi all, 1sat post and some noob questions...

Hi all,

Good game so far! flying quite well, died many many many times ;) had problems with the eindekker and the early German planes, but finally managed to fly the nieuport well.... until it requires reloading!

I can seem to find out how to reload the lewis gun. I sorted out CTRL C to bring the gun down, but cant seem to reload it....

Any help would be great.!

Additionally, I cant seem to find any help posting kill claims... i've genuinely killed about 30 aircraft now, but only had 2 claims actually confirmed :(

Wonder if anyone could enlighten me...

Thanks all in avance

Welcome,

I'm not 100%sure, but I believe that I read somewhere that you fly with three magazines for the lewis and it is reloaded automatically. You just use the Ctrl C for a reload animation. It doesn't actually give you additional rounds.

Hellshade

Welcome,

I'm not 100%sure, but I believe that I read somewhere that you fly with three magazines for the lewis and it is reloaded automatically. You just use the Ctrl C for a reload animation. It doesn't actually give you additional rounds.

Hellshade

yes, that's correct. Just pressing the Ctrl C drops the Lewis and auto loads it. And yes.. only 3 mags... better to hold back than take pot shots with the Lewis.

OvS

Hi all,

yeah I did that.... waited... even took hands off stick to think about a reload....

but noting actually happened :(

Maybe I need to try the camel :S

Hi VF101_KurtStudent

You have ALL your ammo already loaded at the start!

shift+c simulates the reload.. so you could fire 1 drum worth (97 rounds in later Nieups, and then shift+C pretend you reloaded..)

N11 had smaller capacity drums so has very few total ammo

N16-17 have 97 round mags so total is higher.

If you want loads of ammo none historical, put unlimited ammo on in the workshop.

Note guns can jam - short bursts

must have jammed too......

didnt see the button for unjamming the guns.....

what button unjamms?

i pressed x to time skip and it was unjammed and reloaded

i dont want to have to do this ;)

Pray, keep firing it. I press U too to make me feel better but it won't make much difference.

If you don't like jams turn it off in workshops.

Pray, keep firing it. I press U too to make me feel better but it won't make much difference.

If you don't like jams turn it off in workshops.

Ahhh... so there is no key stroke for 'unjamming'? I take it that you have a 'die roll' chance that your gun will 'unjam' if you keep pulling the trigger?

And yes Pol... I finally got OFF phase 3. Quite good work you, Winding Man, and company have done. Well done!

WvB