Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Welcome To The New Jet Thunder Forum

Jet Thunder (working title) is a project to create a realistic flight simulator based in the air war in the South Atlantic, in 1982 - the Falklands/Malvinas conflict. It's being developed by a group of military aviation enthusiasts, mainly based in South America. As we're getting organized as a development studio, under the name Thunderworks, more info on ourselves and our goals will be available online, in an institutional website that will follow soon at this same webspace.

Developing a realistic flight simulator is a very difficult job, requiring an enormous amount of expertise in different areas, from realtime 3D computing to physics knowledge and artistic skills. Of all game* genres, possibly the combat flight sims are in the top as the most complex to develop, and with really long development circles. And they're expensive to develop, too. That's why we see so few flight sim developers around, and realistic jet combat sims are even more of a rarity. But, for us, it was a nice surprise to see the huge amount of interest that our project generated, we already received a lot of emails (through the old, temporary page that was online here), and periodically, we see topics in different flight sim forums around commenting or informing other players about our project. I must thank all the flight simming community for the interest demonstrated, and we'll work hard to meet the expectatives.

We'll be covering this promising new sim as it develops.

For those of you that have not seen it yet, you can get more info here:

http://www.thunder-works.com/

There are some nice screenshots as well, here's a few to get you interested:

a-4c_external1.jpg

BAE_Sea_HarrierFRS1_02%20copy.jpg

superetendard3.jpg

Jeff, thank you very much for the initiative to create this forum! :)

Community support will be essential as we're running with so low staff and resources to give the deserved attention to the community. But I'll try to keep the community constantly updated of the progress, either in our site, or through this forum!

Edited by Dante-JT

welcome Dante

this simualtor looks great :D

Dante, what is your position in the game develoment ?

Cheers

welcome Dante

this simualtor looks great :D

Dante, what is your position in the game develoment ?

Cheers

Hi! About my position, I'm the one who came with the concept of a carrier-based Harrier sim in a dynamic enviroment - in other words, Falklands/Malvinas is fitting very well for this concept, and I'm also directing the code's development. Well, I do a bit of everything, I help with the 3D modelling and uvw-mapping of objects as well, and I'm the site's webmaster too. :)

Edited by Dante-JT

ohhh, niceeee ;)

I've seen the site (some of it), looks nice....

keep up the good work

hope we will talk more in the future B)

Looking forward to when this one comes to fruition ... will be looking forward to it!

Best wishes.

Nice to see a new sim project flourish.

Just to be picky: why is the portuguese language with a Brasilian flag? ;)

Guest MrMudd

Outstanding work,

looking forward to seeing the completion of this enthusiest endeaver.

Nice to see a new sim project flourish.

Just to be picky: why is the portuguese language with a Brasilian flag?

Well spotted ;) But, it's exactly the same thing with the Argentinean flag that I've placed instead of the Spain flag for spanish language version. :)

Edited by Dante-JT

Cant wait!!

for the sim!

B)

Dante, I forgot to ask

If I want to conduct an "Interview", is it possible?

I'll give ya some questions from the people in Israel

and you answer it as detailed as possible

10q :D

If I want to conduct an "Interview", is it possible?

I'll give ya some questions from the people in Israel

and you answer it as detailed as possible

Roger that, Nesher!

No problem, you can mail me the questions at de_patta2001@yahoo.com

Edited by Dante-JT

New meat here? Just wanting to know a few things. First day and all. Where can i get a tast of things to come? is there a demo? ect. ect. ect.? its there open beta testing?>

I was very pleased to learn about this project and I'm eagerly looking forward to its release. My primary interest is in naval aviation and this conflict presents many fascinating hypothetical situations to explore. Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress! :bye:

Hey Dante!! It's great to see you've found a please to share your work in progress with the community. I've been away from flight sims and even the ECV56 Cóndor for more than a year, but I've come back now and I'm getting up to date with everything, including the progress of your project. I'm glad to see you've finally found a couple of programmers. I myself bouth a few books on D3D, so maybe when I feel more confident and have more time in my hands may offer a hand.

And now to the other Nesher around here: it's not good you've stolen my nickname :nono:

Well, ok, we may share it :)

Regards,

Sebastian "Nesher" Kohn, ECV56 Cóndor WebMaster

can't wait for this a proper harrier sim it's to good to be true :clapping:

i've been on the site and it's looking great keep up the good work :victory:

I ran accross the interview at simhq and I am totally impressed with the work done so far on this sim. The aims of the sim are outstanding and I am really looking forward to this one!

We'll be covering this promising new sim as it develops.

For those of you that have not seen it yet, you can get more info here:

http://www.thunder-works.com/

There are some nice screenshots as well, here's a few to get you interested:

a-4c_external1.jpg

BAE_Sea_HarrierFRS1_02%20copy.jpg

superetendard3.jpg

One each attaboy! Looks great. Um grande abraco!

Hello I'm new in here and tried to reach all the info I could but couldn't find anything related to the release and the requeriments (so far) of the sim, if someone could detailm them for me or just tell exactly where to find them would be nice.

I'm looking foward putting my hands on this sim...

thank for your initiative :clapping:

Nef