Olham

Ain't she a beautiful Lady?

Enjoy these (the music is another matter of taste, but what can I do?):

Building Albatros D III

Albatros D V

Albatros

Albatros D Va

Thanks.

I specialy like the first video...i don't understand a single word of german but i guess the rebuilt D III has (and probably will) never fly?

Seems to be in condition to take off,through...what a pity! :dntknw:

This model will never fly, but the guy will build another.

And if he can find an original benzine filter (or something near), he already has

the engine there to get up with it.

This model will never fly, but the guy will build another.

And if he can find an original benzine filter (or something near), he already has

the engine there to get up with it.

Having the engine ready is a good start...i guess its now quite rare!

I had find the site of a german building a Fokker DVII (and also selling it): his job is awesome and take care of the details.

http://www.collectors-edition.com/FokkerD7/index_english.htm

but you may know it already.

Olham .... Mr. Koloman Mayrhofer has had a running article over on the AeroDrome forum since he started the project. He also has other planes in the works too.

Take a look here, very interesting: AeroDrome Forum D.III

Good to see these video's again.

Mr. Snoopy ... Looks here, under: FTS Fokker D.VII

Cheers,

WF2

Edited by Womenfly2

WOW! Thank you so much Olham for posting those links. And thank you as well to Womenfly2 and Snoopy for your contributions. I love studying the projects and efforts of those folks who build and restore the old WW1 aircraft. Whether the "real deal" or a replica, it's all great. I have flown ultralights myself a bit over the years and have a long-standing project of my own. When and if finished it will be a pusher parasol wing UL that generously borrows its overall look from the DH2, (sans lower wings). This is as far as I have gotten with it:

ultralight_DH1.jpg

ultralight_photo_01.jpg

steve_seated.jpg

It has been in a holding pattern for well over a year now due to a variety of reasons, (much to the relief of my wife who not-so-secretly hopes it will never leave the ground). Ah well, still fun to sit in it and make "brooom-brooom" sounds as I fiddle with the flight controls.

Cheers!

Lou

Mr. Snoopy ... Looks here, under: FTS Fokker D.VII

Thanks a lot...it look's like a gold mine to me! (How could i have lived until now without knowing this forum? Amazing!) :good:

Thank you all for your great contributions.

And, yes, Snoopy, you found your way to a wonderful community. Welcome!

I can't think of a better place to be online! So much info and great folks here. Welcome Snoopy Syndrome!

CJ

RAF_Louvert!..smashing matey!.... You Broom Broom all you want...darned women never understood anything anyhow! (womenfly2 the obvious exception to this rule!) (phew) thought I better get that one in a bit quick!!! :smile:

That looks really cool Lou. Make sure you keep us up to date on the building of that baby!

-Rooster

WOW! Thank you so much Olham for posting those links. And thank you as well to Womenfly2 and Snoopy for your contributions. I love studying the projects and efforts of those folks who build and restore the old WW1 aircraft. Whether the "real deal" or a replica, it's all great. I have flown ultralights myself a bit over the years and have a long-standing project of my own. When and if finished it will be a pusher parasol wing UL that generously borrows its overall look from the DH2, (sans lower wings). This is as far as I have gotten with it:

ultralight_DH1.jpg

ultralight_photo_01.jpg

steve_seated.jpg

It has been in a holding pattern for well over a year now due to a variety of reasons, (much to the relief of my wife who not-so-secretly hopes it will never leave the ground). Ah well, still fun to sit in it and make "brooom-brooom" sounds as I fiddle with the flight controls.

Cheers!

Lou

Very cool Lou ! Love the idea of a DH2 Parasol ! I hope you get to finish it one day.