Sign in to follow this  

Hawk SAM Sites  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does cgold's Hawk SAM Site mod work? I'm trying to figure out if I need to fix and re-release them or just to leave them alone.

• Yes, leave them alone.
    • No, update please!

:biggrin: Edited by cgold

Test Results 2 x MiG-29 v Hawk Battery:

HawkKill.JPG

What mean work or not? All my SAM's work correct...if You want to make Your life shorter You can incrase it's parameters in dta.ini and weaponeditor :rofl:

I never got the Hawks to work, no matter how many forum/KB hints I tried. The closest I ever got was that the Hawks seemed to track enemy a/c while on their launchers, but they never fired (neither at 30, 20, 10, 5 nor 1 miles). While obviously the Hawk has worked for a chosen few other SAMs have been eager to please right out of the box (especially the Bloodhound seems to be rather blood-thirsty) :ok:

Whenever my currently installed (and non self-edited) Hawk SAM sites fire at an airborne target, they more often than not fly up to about 6 to 8,000 feet and spontaneously explode in mid air.................. :blink:

The reaction from attacking airborne flights ......................... :rofl:

I have Hawk radars, but no missiles. I don't know why they don't load.

They work perfectly in WOI but I cant get them to work in WOE...so much so I hardly play WOE anymore, however Im hoping that will be different with NF4!

Missiles just wont show whatever pack I use...

I used to have working hawks in WOE but i have not seen them in ages, since about the time I upgraded to the new patch. I get the hawk radars but no hawks.

a few pictures from WOE

it took me a while to make it work , i use the the MIM-23 and the launchers from the MF and changed the values for the launchers and the mim-23 missiles and a new skin for the mim-23A as you can see on the picture

i added Lexx Luthor´s sss Exhaust Rockets effects (R1) so you can see the launch and the missile in the air , the launcher is set up as mobile or static/AAA

Very nice Ravenclaw_007, would you mind sharing your new MIM-23A and launcher data; it would be nice to get the hawks working again.

Hawks need to be set as static sams, and further more, set up as batteries (6 launchers per battery, along with the PAR and HIPIR radar units). There's also at least 3-different MIM-23 Hawk missile types (A,B,C), and they must be associated with their own individual launcher-types. Launcher-types will not "upgrade" by themselves, it's a limitation of the series.

Below is a typical Hawk deployement, based on the SF1 and SF2 desert terrain:

[TargetArea074]

Name=HAWK Battery Alpha

Position=441441.000,467299.000

Radius=500.000

ActiveYear=1969

Location=1

Alignment=Friendly

Target[001].Type=SAMRadar

Target[001].Offset=-1000,-1000

Target[001].Heading=180

Target[001].ActiveYear=1960

Target[002].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[002].Offset=-1100,-1175

Target[002].Heading=210

Target[002].ActiveYear=1960

Target[003].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[003].Offset=-1100,-825

Target[003].Heading=315

Target[003].ActiveYear=1960

Target[004].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[004].Offset=-900,-825

Target[004].Heading=30

Target[004].ActiveYear=1960

Target[005].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[005].Offset=-800,-1000

Target[005].Heading=90

Target[005].ActiveYear=1960

Target[006].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[006].Offset=-1200,-1000

Target[006].Heading=270

Target[006].ActiveYear=1960

Target[007].Type=SAMLauncher

Target[007].Offset=-900,-1175

Target[007].Heading=150

Target[007].ActiveYear=1960

Target[008].Type=EW_Radar

Target[008].Offset=-1030,-1030

Target[008].Heading=0

Target[008].ActiveYear=1960

Target[009].Type=AAA

Target[009].Offset=-3811.77,-8644.86

Target[009].Heading=135

Target[010].Type=AAA

Target[010].Offset=4964.15,2753.31

Target[010].Heading=45

Target[011].Type=AAA

Target[011].Offset=6101.65,936.03

Target[011].Heading=45

Target[012].Type=AAA

Target[013].Type=AAA

Target[013].Offset=5518.31,2496.47

Target[013].Heading=45

Target[014].Type=AAA

Target[014].Offset=-7236.68,780.47

Target[014].Heading=357

Target[015].Type=AAA

Target[015].Offset=-2236.46,4780.77

Target[015].Heading=357

Target[016].Type=AAA

Target[016].Offset=-1003.55,5377.80

Target[016].Heading=0

Target[017].Type=AAA

Target[017].Offset=555.84,4757.36

Target[017].Heading=0

Target[018].Type=AAA

Target[018].Offset=-9020.22,168.15

Target[018].Heading=0

Target[019].Type=AAA

Target[019].Offset=-9779.46,-166.05

Target[019].Heading=0

Target[020].Type=AAA

Target[020].Offset=-5054.24,-4597.81

Target[020].Heading=0

Target[021].Type=AAA

Target[021].Offset=-6367.74,-3873.45

Target[021].Heading=90

Target[022].Type=AAA

Target[022].Offset=-7694.62,-3283.05

Very nice Ravenclaw_007, would you mind sharing your new MIM-23A and launcher data; it would be nice to get the hawks working again.

you can try them , but dont forget you need the original Hawk launcher and Mim-23 missile from the MF-Weaponspack

this are not realistic Hakw´s but working one :wink:

open your weapons editor and replace/add the existing and non exsiting Mim-23 entris with the one in the Hawk.rar or your missile will hit nothing

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Hawks need to be set as static sams, and further more, set up as batteries (6 launchers per battery, along with the PAR and HIPIR radar units). There's also at least 3-different MIM-23 Hawk missile types (A,B,C), and they must be associated with their own individual launcher-types. Launcher-types will not "upgrade" by themselves, it's a limitation of the series.

you can try it as static/AAA or mobile/AAA it works in fine in woe the way i did it , i try the way you have set it up and run in to problems by SEAD-mission the missile battery did not show up as a target anymore ???

hi everybody... for me its not just the hwaks also soviet sams have empty launchers..! I dont see hawks at all not even launchers

the only woeking sam is the ADATS I have the 2.25 wp and the game is up to date

plz guide on how to fix that i really miss sams on the game...

Ravenclaw, the hawk launchers you listed should not work, (or if they do, it's with extremely low accuracy) as they have no provision for radar tracking, nor networking.

i know but i was hit not only by the hawks even the nike´s keep geting me and not only in a mig-21 :biggrin:

by changing the value for radartrackrange,radarsearchrange and missilerange you can in- or decrease the accuracy as i mention above i took me a while to get it done it is not perfect yet but the missiles become a pain in the a... if the hawk is not geting you the nike sure will

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarSearchTime=5.0

RadarTrackTime=2.0

RadarTrackRange=120000.0

RadarSearchRange=120000.0

RadarTrackStrength=200.0

RadarPosition=0.0, 0.50 ,1.5

RadarMinimumRange=100.0

RadarMinimumAlt=50.0

DataLink=TRUE

;NetworkType=Hawk

OpticalSight=TRUE

NightSight=TRUE

VisualRange=5000.0

ViewportPosition=0.0, 0.0 ,2.28

RadarCrossSection=25.0

MaxVisibleDistance=4800.0

RadarCrossSection=5

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=30000.0

MinMissileRange=400.000000

PitchAngleRate=8

MaxPitch=80.0

MinPitch=30.0

DefaultPitchAngle=30.0

YawAngleRate=30

YawLimited=FALSE

DefaultYawAngle=180

RangeFinder=1

BallisticComputer=1

MissileLaunchTime=1.5

YawModelNodeName=Turret

PitchModelNodeName=Rails

you can try them , but dont forget you need the original Hawk launcher and Mim-23 missile from the MF-Weaponspack

open your weapons editor and replace/add the existing and non exsiting Mim-23 entris with the one in the Hawk.rar or your missile will hit nothing

I updated the files but I didn't see any hawks when I loaded a mission in the default Germany terrain. is there any other configuration needed? Do I have to modify an ini somewhere to tell it to have hawk batteries?

EDIT:

I just tried the SoCal map and they showed up and I saw one launch, but when I want to the debrief the only weapons listed were A2A so I'm not sure if it is actually working. At any rate they are closer to working than before, and that is good news.

I ran it in SoCal for a second time and the Hawks annihilated a flight of in coming Mig-27s before I could reach them. The fireworks were fun to watch. Neither I nor anyone in my flight had to fire any weapons. The debrief didn't show any weapons fired again, so I'm not sure why that is, but the hawks are very effective. I guess now I need to figure out how to deploy them on other maps.

Edited by zmatt

I updated the files but I didn't see any hawks when I loaded a mission in the default Germany terrain. is there any other configuration needed? Do I have to modify an ini somewhere to tell it to have hawk batteries?

EDIT:

I just tried the SoCal map and they showed up and I saw one launch, but when I want to the debrief the only weapons listed were A2A so I'm not sure if it is actually working. At any rate they are closer to working than before, and that is good news.

I ran it in SoCal for a second time and the Hawks annihilated a flight of in coming Mig-27s before I could reach them. The fireworks were fun to watch. Neither I nor anyone in my flight had to fire any weapons. The debrief didn't show any weapons fired again, so I'm not sure why that is, but the hawks are very effective. I guess now I need to figure out how to deploy them on other maps.

fly red

fly red

It's a suicide mission. An Su-27 with multiple external ecm pods doesn't stand a chance. At best I can dodge 2 before I get smoked. That is all at medium to high altitude though. I haven't tried low yet, the random missions on SoCal almost always put you up high and I can never get down before I'm blown away.

Agreed. I took off in an Su-27 in a recon mission, and next thing you know I have for F-15D ACTIVEs waiting to greet me, and one showed his appreciation by launching a Sparrow at me. Matter of fact the "He's firing a missile!" went off as soon as my gear fully retracted. No, I fly Blue.

For me red is a real challenge. the SA in red pits IMO in general isn't as good and the CM isn't as effective. I think this shows a different stance in doctrine. Their waves of cheap austere fighters versus our few elite cutting edge super jets.

Before today flying red in SoCal wasn't that bad. I would get low and stay low to dodge the sparrows and get in where my upgraded (and more realistic) archers would do the job. Now the Hawks change everything. I will need to work on my dodging technique, but I think that at best you can really only get one or two dodges before you are out of energy.

I don't know how realistic these hawks are. They seem a tad overpowered for a missile system that we retired, but that's just a guess.