Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

anybody heard about gous?

hi, just wondering. it's quite a time since the last post of gous. maybe i just missed some he wrote.

GOUS? :shout:

Gous has been in the forum today (last at 3.41pm) .

best

nio

Hah!!!

You missed me eh? I can see a fan club coming ... :worship: mwahahah!

Anyway, I havent been around lately, since I set up my freetrack yesterday. Freetrack is the free version of trackir which is as good as the latter and costs no more than 20$ for the hardware you need for it...and since I got freetrack up and running I am now flying all the time trying to adapt to the new gaming style. And it is amazing I tell you :yes:

plagerism

Damnit uncle, every time you post, we need 2-3 dictionaries to understand what you're saying :close_tema:

Did you or did you not, in the process of doing a good thing of providing a Map, steal the work of another, inferring it was yours

That's about as clear as I can make it . . . plagerism is often used describing the theft of a story, or a quote

'Theft' of a story or quote?... A bit strong ain't it?

I don't know anything about the case of maps and Gous....but....I have always wondered about this 'Copyright' lark.... I can understand people getting knarked about a) Losing Money or b) not being given credit for something....But if you release something into the public domain, somewhere along the line, someone is going to use it as their own....If people can't handle that, they should keep it to themselves, and not release it...at worse it's Passing off

(You only have to go to google images to 'steal' someone's stuff (I have stolen from the Black Adder TV series, a pic of someone, that I don't have permission to use as my avatar) so technically I am displaying copyrighted material Illegally, and indeed I use copyrighted material off google to skin some planes...the difference being, I am not selling or supplying my skins to other people.

imho.... Only if monetary worth is involved, should it be classed as theft... this crap about intellectual property is bollox.... If an Intellectual feels so strongly about feeling ripped off, because he released his work free of charge into the maelstrom, he should keep it to his himself!..... and therefore if he is happy to give it out to the global population, he should accept that he has given it freely, and get on with something else...that's what I would do...Not sit and whine about how clever and generous he was to 'allow' everyone else to use it..that's his choice

If someone thinks up a joke, and tells his friend...that friend needs written permission to re-tell it?..... Sounds like asshole Lawyers thought this nonsense up to make money for nothing!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hah!!!

You missed me eh? I can see a fan club coming ... :worship: mwahahah!

Anyway, I havent been around lately, since I set up my freetrack yesterday. Freetrack is the free version of trackir which is as good as the latter and costs no more than 20$ for the hardware you need for it...and since I got freetrack up and running I am now flying all the time trying to adapt to the new gaming style. And it is amazing I tell you :yes:

Oh God... his head... it's... getting... man... it's growing... and wow... it's HUGE!!!! :rofl:

Why do you need all those fans? Just buy a freakin' air conditioner! :biggrin:

CJ

By the way guys... my earlier post (although given freely) is subject to Copyright, and may not be changed, altered or posted on any other forum.

Any infringement will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! :nono:

(Just so we understand each other!!!) :yes:

Get back to work Widowmaker and stop whingeing :rtfm: . I on the other hand am joyous to have youtube, after hours/days of painstaking video work and selecting appropriate "mood" music, cancel all the music on a clip because of copyright of one piece (or part thereof) thus rendering the whole work useless. It may take them months or years but they will find the offending pieces. Good work youtube. You get my vote.

Did you or did you not, in the process of doing a good thing of providing a Map, steal the work of another, inferring it was yours

That's about as clear as I can make it . . . plagerism is often used describing the theft of a story, or a quote

All right. This thing is still haunting me now? I didnt "steal" the map. When uploaded, I forgot to specify this was rabu's work. And when rabu contacted me personally, I apologized to him, I asked the mods of SoH to delete the upload, and then I made a public apology. I didnt mean no harm and I think most people here understand that.

I won't argue with you. It is sad to see people arguing over the internet and I am not going to be one of them.

Don't be a troll...you are ruining the whole nice atmosphere we keep in this forum.

Why do you need all those fans? Just buy a freakin' air conditioner!

These things are bad for the health! And they are bad for the environment too! (God I hate ecologists :rofl: )

Edited by Gous

Good to see you managed to build it and got it working!!! :clapping: I'm sure you're enjoying the freedom of view.

Good to see you managed to build it and got it working!!! I'm sure you're enjoying the freedom of view.

I am! It was very fun building it from scratch. Maybe I will post some photos as well :grin:

Here is my Freetrack clip build. And it works as good as TrackIR. It is very fun to make things on your own  :biggrin:

post-45838-1238151449_thumb.jpgpost-45838-1238151463_thumb.jpg

CJ: Actually it's PLAGIARISM.

Well, UncleAl often finds his own southern forms for words - or are you perhaps very cheeky,

and mixing "plagiarism" with "plague", Uncle?

Hey, Gous - nice to hear you have fun. Perhaps you will make some movies, when you have FreeTrack?

I intend to, but must first get my rig updated. Fraps get low, when I switch on FRAPS.

I have been thinking of this OLham and maybe I will do it sometime :yes: