Sign in to follow this  
Beerthirty

TrackIR Problems.

Hi All,

Have TrackIR installed and having some problems. At times it works swell. At others it will either operate spasmodically, not work or give me views that do not correspond to my head movements.

I have flown entire missions with no problem. Next time, I can go in fire all the stuff up and I might get a green lite or not or the lite will will go off for no reason and I lose TrackIR. The blue lite will be on when this is occuring.

At times when I go to field and fly the TrackIR is trying to work but when I move my head, say to the left, I get the floor of the cockpit or any view except where I'm looking.

I checked out what has been written in the OFF Forum and set it up that way.

So, I am doing something wrong or my TrackIR is not set up right.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Beerthirty.

when the view suddenly screws up like you discribed, mostly it's because there is to much light somewhere in the background. some lamp, candles, someone or yourself lighting a cigarette. one too bright spot in a moment can be enough.

might also be some power problem. maybe your usb connection is too weak.

This does sound like to much light coming from somewhere, more than likely light from a window at the wrong time of day. It's not usually that sensitive apart from major light from outside. I fly with lamps on or lights on in the room from behind or the side with no worries.

The only other thing i could think of is whether you have a logitech stick or other application from logitech you may have running. Although i doubt this is your problem, some people with some logitech products have had problems in the past.

Of course, you are doing as Uncleal has said and are hitting F12 to set your trackir facing forward once your game starts.

The only other thing i could think of is whether you have a logitech stick or other application from logitech you may have running. Although i doubt this is your problem, some people with some logitech products have had problems in the past.

Tell us more AP. I have a logitech stick and I'm quite concerned that, with trackir on, when I push the stick forward the nose drops, when I pull the stick back the nose rises, when I pull the stick to the left I roll to the left, when I pull the stick to the right I roll to the right. What am I doing wrong ? Worst of all, when I push the throttle inwards the bleedin' revs increase. It's driving me mad. Should I get another stick that won't have all these issues ? Please help.

Those simptoms are certainly related to some light source on your back.

It confuses TrackIR a lot and it starts to behave erratically.

The Logitech problem was fixed with a TracIR upgrade I believe. It was very real, mine was a problem with the Logitech mouse software and I had to disable the software to allow TracIR to work properly.

It does sound like too much light though.

Beard

BeerThirty, what a handle!!! You're 31 min late my friend! :biggrin:

I occasionally have the same spastic TrackIr problem you describe and while all the above are sage comments, I don't thinks anyone suggested pulling out the usb cable, wait to hear the bong,bong disconnect warning through your speakers, wait 10 - 20 seconds and reconnect. Does it every time for me. :good:

Good luck & clear skies.

Well that was it. The lighting. My wife had her computer on and that 22 inch screen gives off a bunch of light accompanied by a desk lamp, in back of me. When we turned them off I went into the game and all was good.

uncleal mentioned Vista and do I have drivers installed. I do have Vista but never installed drivers for TrackIR. Where would I get those and do I need them?

I also run a Logitech joystick but I think that I'm not having problems in that direction.

Since I just recently purchased TrackIR, I am having to train myself in it's use , in regard to head movement etc. Anyone have comments about that?

Thank you all for helping me out. Very much appreciated.

Beerthirty

PS: Beerthirty? :yes: Yup! Been gaming for ten years. It's the only handle I have ever used. :biggrin:

Tell us more AP. I have a logitech stick and I'm quite concerned that, with trackir on, when I push the stick forward the nose drops, when I pull the stick back the nose rises, when I pull the stick to the left I roll to the left, when I pull the stick to the right I roll to the right. What am I doing wrong ? Worst of all, when I push the throttle inwards the bleedin' revs increase. It's driving me mad. Should I get another stick that won't have all these issues ? Please help.

Hey catch, I hope i'm reading this right, your having a laugh aren't you... :haha:

Do you have a problem with the trigger as well, when you push the button it shoots bullets out... :rofl:

I remember sometime back when i had several different cfs3 game versions running i had issues with my trackir in one of them. I went to the Natural Point forum for trackir and started asking questions. The first one they asked me was if i had a logitech stick or other logitech products because there were issues in the software somewhere that caused trackir not to work properly or not to load at all. So thats why i mentioned it above.

As you can see though, BurningBeard mentioned that an update since then has fixed it, which i did not know about, so thats good.

Edit...Catch, i just saw what you and others wrote in the joystick thread about this as well. I'm glad this has been cleared up now, i had no idea the issue had been sorted, cheers mate.

Edited by Aussie Pilot

BEER! Great to see you here Sir, and glad to read that you have the TIR sorted out. I had the same backlighting issues myself when I first started using it, but some new shades on the windows next to my computer did the trick. I think you are going to fully enjoy BHaH Beer. Give the two-seaters a try, they will warm the cockles of your old bomber heart Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

Hi Lou! :yes:

Yup! Finally made it. Very nice and helpful Peeps here.

I still am working on getting used to TrackIR. Takes a little.

I have been flying Bombing missions and when I don't screw up, I can make it back to home base.

Have been flyin Strutter missins in Campaign. Right now my biggest problem is finding the enemy Fighters. Even with TrackIR it is difficult and I am trying to dope out the view keys. Not too much success.

Also, am wondering about the TrackIR driver question. If my TrackIR is working, do I need it, and where to get it?

Good to see you here, Bud.

Beer

Beer30, I got the latest drivers at the naturalpoint website version4.10 something if you need.

Beer30, I got the latest drivers at the naturalpoint website version4.10 something if you need.

I received my Track IR4 and TrackClip Pro today. I installed software and then plugged in the unit, and drivers loaded automatically (latest driver version is 4.1.036). Had everything up and running in under 5 minutes, and am amazed by how much easier it is to keep track of enemies. Still very tough, but WAY more fun. And I no longer auger into the ground when I'm target fixated by the padlock view.

I couldn't find my headset, so am using the TrackClip on my hat instead of the infrared TrackClip Pro. Anyone out there done a side-by-side comparison? Is there any advantage to using the TrackClip Pro?

Cheers

Well, that's the version I have, as best as I can find out. So my drivers must have, also, loaded on install, as my TrackIR works fine, right now.

Even so I checked the TrackIR site and was unable to find a driver d/L.

Thanks you all for your help.

Beerthirty