Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

My Daughter Just Told Me I Listen To....

My thirteen year old angel just informed me that I listen to "Old peoples music". :o Now okay I put in my twenty in the Navy, and I have a grandson, but really,is early punk and new wave music for the aged?

Anybody go through this with their offspring lately? And any ideas on how to get even with the little poser? :D

Depends on what kind of punk....Sex Pistols or Black Flag, maybe...but Offspring or Pennywise that's all my gen baby

Hey, I don't care what the kids say about my kind of music. I will keep listening to the Doobies, CSNY, Loggins and Messina, and the Eagles too. Heck, there's times when I listen to Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin also. If I am an old fart for doing so...then so be it!!!

Navy Chief

Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin??!!?? You ARE an old fart! :P :D :D

I work at a middle school as a custodian. With my grey hair, all the kids keep calling me the "Old Man", LOL! I doubt Ill ever like Rap though, still cant find the "music" part of it. ;)

Edited by pcpilot

Black Flag,Sex Pistols,Clash. I was the first one to listen to punk in high school,eveyone hated it.When I got off of active duty those same people were trying to get me to listen to this "new" music THEY discovered.LOL

My girl will give me grief about what I listen to but all my T-shirts are in her room. Not that I only listen to the early stuff,I just got the Ataris new CD, that drove her nuts :lol: Think I'll "borrow" her Good Charlotte CD. :blink:

Hey go to this site,it's my cousin's band. He's in the second pic on the enter page.

http://whiskeyrebels.com/

Sounds like a cross between Rancid and the Clash.IMHO

Yep, I am an old fart, and lovin' it! Michael Johnson (sang "Bluer Than Blue") is one of my favorite singers. Also Sanford/Townsend Band ("Smoke From A Distant Fire"). Used to listen to Billy Joel a lot, but his earlier works were better, in my opinion. I like mostly soft pop. Hall and Oates are good too.

NC

Good Charlotte... fashion punks! I scoff at such music.

Definatly the Clash (have all 3 albums from the 70's + Sandinista). Sex Pistols of course, Ramones, Misfits (when they had Danzig), and a whole lot of 80's punk and skunk. Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Descendents, the list goes on and on.

This new stuff that they call punk is just heartbreaking... music doesnt mean anything anymore.

There have been very very few good songs to come out since '96... ya I know way way back :D

But thank you god for Trance/Techno and House B)

Oh ya, "Old People Music" is popular in college... my friend Matt Harvey has every single Zeppelin song... kinda sad. :P

Edited by snapple2993

Good Charlotte... fashion punks! I scoff at such music.

Definatly the Clash (have all 3 albums from the 70's + Sandinista).  Sex Pistols of course, Ramones, Misfits (when they had Danzig), and a whole lot of 80's punk and skunk.  Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Descendents, the list goes on and on.

This new stuff that they call punk is just heartbreaking... music doesnt mean anything anymore. 

There have been very very few good songs to come out since '96... ya I know way way back :D

But thank you god for Trance/Techno and House B)

Oh ya, "Old People Music" is popular in college... my friend Matt Harvey has every single Zeppelin song... kinda sad. :P

Ughh good charlotte, I hope they choke