Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

The AI seem to crash a lot

I've only been playing QC so far as I'm still in the "configuration" stages with OFF. Sure is wonderful to be back flying ww1 crates again too! I don't think I'm gonna miss RB3D at all!

I am wondering about the AI though. I have everything set up for DiD (something like 110 realism) as far as I can tell. I've been setting up myself and a wingman going up against 4 or 6 Ace AI's. They seem to hit the ground a lot. It appears I can get them to chase me, dive low to the ground and scissors them and cause them to stall and hit the ground. As an experiment, last night, I was able to cause all four of them to die that way without ever firing a shot at them. :shok: I'm an ok dogfighter but I'm not THAT good! Something must be configured wrong. Is there anything more that I need to do other than set enemy to "Ace?"

Thanks

-mark

Hello,

well, it is better than in phase 2, but i also saw this. Especially the Nieuports, and Bristol scouts seem to have problems when closer to the ground. They will rise and fall until mostly crashing. The Bristol scout even hangs on its prop sometimes, and then follows me like a helicopter, made some screenshots :haha:

When i recently engaged a flight of three Nieuport 17s with a Hl. D.II, i managed to get away, only flying straight, but very close to the ground. The nearest Nieuport followed me, but not in a straight line: going up, falling, going up a.s.o. without ever firing at me. Anyone else saw this ?

Greetings,

Catfish

We are looking into this at the moment for some craft when flown by Aces. Try versus Random, or veteran AI for the moment.

Also Campaign will give you more situations for combat so try that too.

Hi Polovski,

Thanks for the tip. I will try Vet and some other combinations.

Please don't take my post as whining. There are so many settings, etc. that I really wondered if I just didn't have something configured right. This is a really fun game! Thank you very much for all the work you guys have put it.

No worries I didn't take it that way :) glad you are enjoying HB

Hello,

picture showing the Bristol scout "helicopter"

post-45860-1238193732_thumb.jpg

it flew vertically for some time, along the smoke trail visible. B.t.w. very nice visible wing damage ! Maybe this damage is why it behaved strange ?

Another thing in that respect: I saw (2 times out 30 or so) Nieuport 11s, which obviously tried to aim at me, but they were far below - so they raised their noses towards me and went slowly down engine up tail down, until they crashed. Seems they were so target-fixated that they forgot to start a normal ascend - maybe there's a connection with the other observations ?

DM to hard, patch 1.28a, guns normal.

Greetings,

Catfish

Hello,

picture showing the Bristol scout "helicopter"

post-45860-1238193732_thumb.jpg

it flew vertically for some time, along the smoke trail visible. B.t.w. very nice visible wing damage ! Maybe this damage is why it behaved strange ?

Another thing in that respect: I saw (2 times out 30 or so) Nieuport 11s, which obviously tried to aim at me, but they were far below - so they raised their noses towards me and went slowly down engine up tail down, until they crashed. Seems they were so target-fixated that they forgot to start a normal ascend - maybe there's a connection with the other observations ?

DM to hard, patch 1.28a, guns normal.

Greetings,

Catfish

I've seen an Se5 do that, but it was hovering stationary.

An update here!

I've been flying QC in a Pfalz D.III against four "Vet" Spad XIIIs. Just as Polovski suggested, they are offering a much better fight than the Aces.

I've got the sweaty palms to prove it!

Fine tuning of the FM's must be the most frustrating thing in the world. Fix one bit and another bit goes all funny like. Must drive the devs crazy ! The Se5a Viper has gone from nose heavy to tail heavy somewhere in one of the many recent patches. Perhaps this is why it and the B. Scout and others do this helicopter thing ? I only had a chance to really give 1.28a a good test this weekend and found it quite disturbing. I remember a long debate back in the P2 days where the Se5a was first given the nose heavy FM and the experts agreed that indeed it was realistic ! Now it's tail heavy. What gives ?