Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

My game settings

I figured since I spent so much time working these settings, I should put them together where I wouldn't lose them. Maybe you would benefit from it too. These settings are a result of reading the FAQ, all the posts here, and experimentation. I am very pleased with the results on my system. The game runs smooth as glass.

Enjoy!

config.jpg

• Like 1

Homeboy.

Thanks! I see several setting where mine may be to aggressive and a couple I haven't even selected. I'm going to do some more experimenting to see how it affects my "game" play.

Did you ever get your CH problem solved? I used to have a Fighter Stick and Pro Throttle, but they were analog, so no help here. Have your run problem by Bob "Stickworks" Church Uber Meister Guru over at the CH Hanger?

The two settings under 'Disable validate device' I have always had turned off.... I have virtually the same rig as you homeboy, so am interested in the difference it makes having them on?

almccoyjr,

Thanks for the inquiry. Actually, it was not a CH problem but rather a problem with OFF not "seeing" my BU0836 interface controller that I installed inside my Pro Throttle that provides me with analog trim. I sent email to OFF support and they didn't have any idea about it either. It's an odd problem and the only game I've encountered that has any problems at all with Leo's board. Oh well, it's not a show stopper as I can work around not having my elevator trim wheel on my throttle.

Widowmaker,

"Disable validate device" doesn't seem to make any difference at all, at least with my rig. I turn it off because I know my controllers are "valid" :biggrin: and it seems to work with that disabled so I figure I'd leave it that way. Since our machines are similar, please let me know if you discover any improvements over what I've set up. Good luck there!

Edit:

Oops! Just realized I misread your reply Widow. You were asking me about my selecting the "Disable Write-Only Vertex/Index Buffers." I did that after reading somewhere in the FAQ. Please double check me on that though. I'm sure you can find fixes/improvements if you look closely. :smile:

<S>!

Edited by HomeBoy

Homeboy -- couple questions for you. Did you actully make any changes to the Texture Limits and Z Bias areas? My eyes :cool: aren't good enough to tell...

Also, I see that you modified the settings for CFS3.exe in nVidia Control Panel. Shouldn't that be OFFManager.exe??

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot settings for my rig (Intel Core2 Quad 9450 2.66GHz, 4GB Ram, Vista64 SP1, nVidia 9800GT w/1GB vRAM). I get some good frame rates (40-70s), but I get some screen stutters.

Thanks...

Steve58,

Go to C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\default, open the cfs3.xml file with a text editor, and change the MaxFPS="0" to a value around 40 or maybe 50. Depending on your rig, this will limit your FPS to the value you select, but should smooth out the frame rates. If OFF seems slow after this, try lowering the MaxFPS value a little.

Homeboy -- couple questions for you. Did you actully make any changes to the Texture Limits and Z Bias areas? My eyes :cool: aren't good enough to tell...

Also, I see that you modified the settings for CFS3.exe in nVidia Control Panel. Shouldn't that be OFFManager.exe??

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot settings for my rig (Intel Core2 Quad 9450 2.66GHz, 4GB Ram, Vista64 SP1, nVidia 9800GT w/1GB vRAM). I get some good frame rates (40-70s), but I get some screen stutters.

Thanks...

Hi Steve,

Sorry about the crappy quality of the screen shots. My originals were much better but got degraded pretty good when I uploaded them to Photobucket. I don't believe I made any changes to those last two pages but I am not entirely sure. I have changed so many things, I'm not quite sure what the defaults are any more.

As for using "CFS3.exe." Yup, been there, done that! :yes:

I had the same question you did. In fact, my first attempt on this was to use "OFFManager.exe" because that is actually the program you call of course. Apparently, OFFManager is just a wrapper that calls CFS3 because that is what you need to use in the vVidia CP. I know from experimenting. You can trust me on that. :good:

Herr Prop,

Thanks for the tip on how to set the max FPS. I was looking for how to do that too! I know you weren't talking to me exactly but I appreciate it anyway! <S>!

Edited by HomeBoy

Steve58,

Go to C:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\default, open the cfs3.xml file with a text editor, and change the MaxFPS="0" to a value around 40 or maybe 50. Depending on your rig, this will limit your FPS to the value you select, but should smooth out the frame rates. If OFF seems slow after this, try lowering the MaxFPS value a little.

Danke. Das arbeitete wie ein Charme.

Thanks Herr Prop-Washche and Homeboy.

Time to go do more tweaking....

a sticky, one step further in explaining these strange and troublesome CFSconfig program. F**ck MS for using this program. :fuk:

My videocard Nvidia 8800GTX The help with options for Overflandersfields is necessary.That all was visible well. :salute: Global parametres of a video card.

post-50245-1250372315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johnnie.J

I will be nice to get a decent CFS3config manual here, after nearly one year still use the try and error method to get a proper adjustment!!!!!! Why did MS did not use a adjustment like in FE, IL1946 or RoF???