Sign in to follow this  

I've put together an install with only Greek and Turkish Air Forces using the Greece map by ansons2, pitting these two Med forces against each other. So far I've had some interesting Phantom on Phantom engagements as well as Viper vs. Viper.

Anyhow, I wasn't happy with the basic MF F-16C pit as I wasn't getting a CCIP or much else beyond basic instrumentation. It was created using the 60.avionics. BTW, this is not a knock on there great work.

Getting back to my question.

Are the MFD's hardcoded to display the static SMS and radar screens or has someone been able to getting them to function? In my experiments, I've given the F-16C pit all of the avionics from the WoI Netz (tweaked of course for the later F-16C Block), while retaining the later cockpit style/layout. It works great but I would like to get the MFD's to function.

The stock Netz' cockpit does have a working radar on the lower screen, as well as the old analog SMS display on the left display, but from past experience, I recall this being a hard-coded function in the cockpit itself and not an ini thing.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

There is no " MF F-16C" pit ... what you probably have is the old wpnssgt beta pit.

Stock WOI Netz pit SMS panel is part of the cockpit, yep. As is the MFD in the beta C pit.. its just a texture, iirc.

Ok, not a MF cockpit. My mistake.

What I did notice is that the later cockpit does have the left MFD working with the radar. It seems I've broken mine with the transfer. Right now I'm going through line by line to figure out how to get it reactivated.

Well, with that. Is there an Avionics70 capable F-16 cockpit with all the bells and whistles? I don't recall one being done, but more of just a quick ini edit to change GroundMode to GM, etc...

just curious...noted that the F-18A left MFD works fine...how can one take the sweet stuff from it and cram it into the F-16C cockpit? Obvious that probably transcends a quick reply, but is it possible/feasible?

cheers

Guest rscsjsuso5

suggestion for f 16 pit use avionics 70 use f-16acockpit.ini f-16a_blk15 adf avionics.dll

or avionics 70 look at f 16 netz folder and copy aircraft data info on cockpit and avionics .

suggestion for f 16 pit use avionics 70 use f-16acockpit.ini f-16a_blk15 adf avionics.dll

or avionics 70 look at f 16 netz folder and copy aircraft data info on cockpit and avionics .

hey,

It takes a bit more then that since you need to make the old HUD invisible trough alpha layers and also

adjust the eye point a bit, but it can be done to look dissent that way. I made such a Frankenstein F-16C cockpit

while ago...but never uploaded it

For the SMS system its a whole another league and it would take lot more time to make.

In the end I think the generally that the whole F-16C it due for rebuild.

Cheers,

Fox

Storm see if you like this one.

It is the "old" beta F-16C cockpit, packaged with avionics '60.

I am willing to trade for an outrageous amount of AA Refuel pics over afghanistan, for my afghan install. (Mudhen preffered but everything goes!)

on a side note, it is not a demand, but I am surprised that no-one has done yet a Mudhen pit or an F-16C B30, being the this two A/C defintaly popular and well known.

Another side note. Having worked in turkey in military aviation environment, I can tell you for sure that every morning there is a NOTAM issued eithe from turkey or greece that sound like a war bulletin, and that if only half of the dogfight tales that turkey pilots boast about are true..well that is really intersting airspace over there.

F_16C_B30.rar

Edited by Canadair

I think that cockpit 3d model (lod file) must be modified to get mfd/sms or whatever.

In the end I think the generally that the whole F-16C it due for rebuild.

Agreed, the current one is like 5 years old IIRC. I know TMF has one as I have been testing it, but I have no idea what order it is in on the to do list.

Boys, we see if I understand:

Then exists a new cockpit, but that not yet is finished? Because I also had thought to make a Frankenstein of the 2 existing cockpits… but soon I thought that this would be more complicated than to construct it of a principle. And if the unfinished work exists, because better TMF shares their work to us so that others we help to finish it? In any case, I think that does not have the time sufficient to finish all the existing projects. I do not know, is only one idea. :)

I Comment to you that soon I will release a version of Block 50+ of the FACH based on the TMF Block 15 OCU BAF by Dave (with its authorization) if in the matter it appears a certain advance would be brilliant to be able to add it to the mod. They count on my aid for this...

post-28285-1237429245_thumb.jpg

post-28285-1237429287_thumb.jpg

Greetings! (Excuses by my English) :P

P.P.

Edited by PeacePuma

I've received the PMs and emails with the various pits, but haven't had the time to try them all yet. I'll do so this week and see what works best. Thanks for all the interest.

Jeff

Hi Storm:

And that has happened to this work? exists some newness?

I havn't given any time to the F-16 cockpits. I'm working on something else right now that is a bit higher on the priority list. Plus my normal day to day duties.

Sorry, but maybe "two weeks" :wink:

I havn't given any time to the F-16 cockpits. I'm working on something else right now that is a bit higher on the priority list. Plus my normal day to day duties.

Sorry, but maybe "two weeks" :wink:

Any news?

nope. I was working on the B-1 and B-52