Sign in to follow this  
Church

Help!

S! ALL.. I just got both copies OFF and CFS3 I have installed them both and patched OFF to 1.28 ALSO CFS3 is version 3.1

Here's whats going on when I load CFS3 it loads fine no problems but when it goes to the field where the plane , Hangars and stuff are it Locks up completely. Pretty much the same thing with OFF Loads the game fine i can get the the interface with no problems but when I try and do a quick fly, free flight mission the game pretty much locks up.

I was so excited to get this game I did a complete reformat before it came in. I wanted my PC to be on top shape and ready. I installed all the drivers nessessary..icon7.gif

I posted my system spec a little wrong on an earlier post here is what I have.

AMD ATHLON 64X2 DUAL CORE 4800

2048 MP Kingston hyperx memory

running dx 9.0c

7900 GTX 512 Video

Realtek AC97 onboard audio

Logitech Extreme 3d pro

Hi Church, try this for starters:

Start OFF, go to workshop, in Graphics Details column click on Graphics Config

Go to File =>Custom settings

Move sliders back couple of steps...See if it helps...It seems your system a bit on the lower end...

Hi Church, try this for starters:

Start OFF, go to workshop, in Graphics Details column click on Graphics Config

Go to File =>Custom settings

Move sliders back couple of steps...See if it helps...It seems your system a bit on the lower end...

got them all on 1

S!

S! ALL.. I just got both copies OFF and CFS3 I have installed them both and patched OFF to 1.28 ALSO CFS3 is version 3.1

Here's whats going on when I load CFS3 it loads fine no problems but when it goes to the field where the plane , Hangars and stuff are it Locks up completely. Pretty much the same thing with OFF Loads the game fine i can get the the interface with no problems but when I try and do a quick fly, free flight mission the game pretty much locks up.

I was so excited to get this game I did a complete reformat before it came in. I wanted my PC to be on top shape and ready. I installed all the drivers nessessary..icon7.gif

I posted my system spec a little wrong on an earlier post here is what I have.

AMD ATHLON 64X2 DUAL CORE 4800

2048 MP Kingston hyperx memory

running dx 9.0c

7900 GTX 512 Video

Realtek AC97 onboard audio

Logitech Extreme 3d pro

Hello Church and welcome.

Let's see - best to get you starting again from scratch. There are some important things to do in the right order - miss one out and you can have problem.

Uninstall OFF3 and CFS3 in that order- Best to do it this way.

Go to Add Remove programmes in Control panel. Remove OFF3.

Then go to C Drive and Delete the OBD software folder. then go to Documents and settings/owner/application data /microsoft/ and delete the CFSWWl Over Flanders field folder.

That is OFF3 out of the way.

Now do the same in respect of CFS3, but when you come to delete the folders CFS3 will have its main folder in Program Files/ Microsoft Games . The folder in Documents and Settings will be in the same place as the OFF3 folder was .

Now empty the recycle bin. You may want to reboot-

Now install CFS3 using the disc(s). In the CFS3 folder you will see a config file - the Icon looks like a spanner ( wrench in USA ). Double click on that, click on File and change the resolution settings at the bottom to as high as your system will run - That's right , the higher the resolution, the better. CFS3 and OFF run faster on higher resolutions.

Next go back to the CFG file opening screen and click on Custom settings.

Click on OK and then you will see "Parameter editor for image quality"

Put all the sliders to 5.

PAUSE Here for IMPORTANT BIT. You will be doing this again for OFF 3 when it is installed. But for OFF3 you have the terrain and scenery slider at 3 - Not 5 - If you do the computer cannot handle it.

Back to CFS3 config file

Click on window and you will see a menu. Click on Overrides. Tick ( check in USA ) High resolution buffer; Terrain detail texture; disable Validate device; Uncheck all other boxes, particularly Dual Pass render. Don't yet need to click on OK

Back to the menu, clicking on Window , select Texture info

Leave the sliders alone. You will see some button choices under bold writing headings . Starting in the left column going down then right column going down click the these buttons in each category-

2nd ;3rd;2nd;3rd;2nd.1st;1st.

Now click on OK and close the config editor by clicking on File and exit - DO NOT close by clicking on the top right hand cross.

Now patch CFS3 to 3.1 -

Now run CFS3 and fly a mission- say a dogfight just for a little while. This puts some files in the registry that OFF will need. If you do not run CFS3 once then OFF will not work.

OK - If Cfs3 runs OK then you can install OFF3.

When you have installed OFF3 - the installer will do everything, Run the 1.1 patch.

Now start OFF3 via the icon on the desktop- YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE CONFIG FILE YET_

When the screen comes up with the menu along the bottom, you will see at the right end the word "Workshops". Click on that and then make your selections. Do not choose the High Res setting for the aircraft( you won't see any damage )

About halfway up you will see a tab re Config file . click on that and the OFF3 config file will open.

Do the same with that as you did with the CFS3 one BUT Remember about the terrain and scenery sliders. they should be on 3.

Go back to the opening screen of OFF3 and go to pilot Dossiers where you need to make a pilot or else OFF won't run. It guides you on how to do that.

Then, hopefully, fly OFF- Find your legs in QC.

HTH

BTW - Are you using the AMD Optimizer re your AMD Dual core processor- If not search the forum for it.

How about your vid drivers? Tried newer version?

Since you say that Cfs3 not working also I think fresh reinstall would be the best just as Fortiesboy mentioned above.

Edited by messaround

Hello Church and welcome.

Let's see - best to get you starting again from scratch. There are some important things to do in the right order - miss one out and you can have problem.

Uninstall OFF3 and CFS3 in that order- Best to do it this way.

Go to Add Remove programmes in Control panel. Remove OFF3.

Then go to C Drive and Delete the OBD software folder. then go to Documents and settings/owner/application data /microsoft/ and delete the CFSWWl Over Flanders field folder.

That is OFF3 out of the way.

Now do the same in respect of CFS3, but when you come to delete the folders CFS3 will have its main folder in Program Files/ Microsoft Games . The folder in Documents and Settings will be in the same place as the OFF3 folder was .

Now empty the recycle bin. You may want to reboot-

Now install CFS3 using the disc(s). In the CFS3 folder you will see a config file - the Icon looks like a spanner ( wrench in USA ). Double click on that, click on File and change the resolution settings at the bottom to as high as your system will run - That's right , the higher the resolution, the better. CFS3 and OFF run faster on higher resolutions.

Next go back to the CFG file opening screen and click on Custom settings.

Click on OK and then you will see "Parameter editor for image quality"

Put all the sliders to 5.

PAUSE Here for IMPORTANT BIT. You will be doing this again for OFF 3 when it is installed. But for OFF3 you have the terrain and scenery slider at 3 - Not 5 - If you do the computer cannot handle it.

Back to CFS3 config file

Click on window and you will see a menu. Click on Overrides. Tick ( check in USA ) High resolution buffer; Terrain detail texture; disable Validate device; Uncheck all other boxes, particularly Dual Pass render. Don't yet need to click on OK

Back to the menu, clicking on Window , select Texture info

Leave the sliders alone. You will see some button choices under bold writing headings . Starting in the left column going down then right column going down click the these buttons in each category-

2nd ;3rd;2nd;3rd;2nd.1st;1st.

Now click on OK and close the config editor by clicking on File and exit - DO NOT close by clicking on the top right hand cross.

Now patch CFS3 to 3.1 -

Now run CFS3 and fly a mission- say a dogfight just for a little while. This puts some files in the registry that OFF will need. If you do not run CFS3 once then OFF will not work.

OK - If Cfs3 runs OK then you can install OFF3.

When you have installed OFF3 - the installer will do everything, Run the 1.1 patch.

Now start OFF3 via the icon on the desktop- YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE CONFIG FILE YET_

When the screen comes up with the menu along the bottom, you will see at the right end the word "Workshops". Click on that and then make your selections. Do not choose the High Res setting for the aircraft( you won't see any damage )

About halfway up you will see a tab re Config file . click on that and the OFF3 config file will open.

Do the same with that as you did with the CFS3 one BUT Remember about the terrain and scenery sliders. they should be on 3.

Go back to the opening screen of OFF3 and go to pilot Dossiers where you need to make a pilot or else OFF won't run. It guides you on how to do that.

Then, hopefully, fly OFF- Find your legs in QC.

HTH

BTW - Are you using the AMD Optimizer re your AMD Dual core processor- If not search the forum for it.

S! ALL And thanks a ton for all the help but I'm still having problems.

Fortiesboy I did everything exactly as you said I havent installed OFF yet but I tried running CFS3 MY computer is still running it very slow. Slow as to the point I'll click on quick mission then about 10 sec latter something will happen then im flying it'll freez about 10 sec later it will go and so on.. Before my complete reformat i did I had IL2 1946 AND cod4 and some other games and my frame rates were fine so I really dont think its a hardware issue.I'm so frustratedicon8.gif

End as many running processes as you can before starting OFF, using a program like EndItAll2 or AlacrityPC.

Some users with ATI cards have had to do a fair amount of tweaking to get the game running on their systems. I have a Nvidea card, so can't help you much with that, but there are other users and some threads that may help you with your graphics card. Be sure to click on the graphics config button in Workshop and set the options as recommended for slower systems.

Also important to check for sound card driver updates. It may be from your motherboard maker's website (oh and do not pay for drivers from a website they should be free).

Yes, I think your problem may be the AMD Optimizer thing re the AMD dual processor. You need to make some sort of adjustment. I'm nVidia myself but this thread you've been pointed to by messaround will no doubt help

update. My 7900GTX is an nvidia card ALT tabbing and setting the processer does help now i can actually get in and airborne but i still lag something terrible unplayable actuallly. I have updated my video drivers and sound drivers to the latest version. I also done all the setting as mentioned above..

My rig originally came with two 7900gtx video cards i pulled one of them out about a year ago because of some heating issues I was having I pot it back in just to try and se if it would help and it didnt help a bit. I feel like my system can run this game but I'm beginning to wonder if i dont have a major hardware issue or something.

S!

Church out

Edited by Church

update. My 7900GTX is an nvidia card ALT tabbing and setting the processer does help now i can actually get in and airborne but i still lag something terrible unplayable actuallly. I have updated my video drivers and sound drivers to the latest version. I also done all the setting as mentioned above..

My rig originally came with two 7900gtx video cards i pulled one of them out about a year ago because of some heating issues I was having I pot it back in just to try and se if it would help and it didnt help a bit. I feel like my system can run this game but I'm beginning to wonder if i dont have a major hardware issue or something.

S!

Church out

Sorry - Might have confused things here when i mentioned my nVidia - i meant I use an Intel processor.

It could be the fact that you have a Dual-core AMD Processor. If it isn't using an Optimiser app, then the processor is probably not using one core fully. Hence the low FPS.

Is there anyone using such a processor who has tweaked with the necesssary app who can advise Church here?

If no-one responds Church do a search of the forums - or even look in OFF2 forums in Sim outhouse website.

I'm sure there has been posts about this.

Come to think of it there may be something in FAQs on the OverFlandersField website.

I have a dual AMD 4200+ core, but I haven't had to run OFF with my CPU affinity checked to only use one processor.

Church, have you gone into the Nvidea control panel to make changes to your video overrides to work with OFF? If not, go to the Nvidea control panel, select "Manage 3D Settings," click the tab to show "Program Settings," click the Add button, and browse to find the offmanager.exe in your OFF folder. Select it, and you will then be able to tweak the Anti-aliasing, texture filtering, vertical sync, etc. options for your Nvidea card.

For specific settings, post back here and someone will answer poste haste!

I have a dual AMD 4200+ core, but I haven't had to run OFF with my CPU affinity checked to only use one processor.

Church, have you gone into the Nvidea control panel to make changes to your video overrides to work with OFF? If not, go to the Nvidea control panel, select "Manage 3D Settings," click the tab to show "Program Settings," click the Add button, and browse to find the offmanager.exe in your OFF folder. Select it, and you will then be able to tweak the Anti-aliasing, texture filtering, vertical sync, etc. options for your Nvidea card.

For specific settings, post back here and someone will answer poste haste!

Church,

I have a similar setup, with Realtek AC97, and with an ATI graphics card. I had similar problems with CFS3 until I loaded the AMD Dual Core Optimizer found here:

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDet...&ItemID=153 The main symptoms were extreme jitters, and double images with graphics card, then crash.

Like Herr Prop-Wasche, I don't have to set CPU affinity at all. I tried it manually through Windows Task Manager and used CPU-Control http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=c...8&Itemid=93 as well, but didn't notice any difference. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I also had problems with antivirus programs halting the CFS3.exe and tmp files, and had to turn AV protection off whenever I played (BTW, I updated my antivirus software to Kaspersky, and can easily specify which files are safe, something you can't do with many antivirus programs).

Hope this helps