Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

A civil mod for TK's sims

Z-37Cmelak as Firefighter plane in Vogesen mountains

med_gallery_3395_48_15856.jpg

It are only the first steps.

Yeah, interesting idea indeed.

Yeah, interesting idea indeed.

We tried this a while ago, inice there is still interest!

(check for pictures)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27676&hl=

The Burning trees are modeled as "tanks" and the data is written in such a way that when "hit" the burning stops.

We modeled a "water bomb" that was actually an effectless cluster bomb.

The project stopped because we could not find anyone to make a water splash effect, and because the Canadair 215 model we have is far from complete

We experimented with a system to ensure a "waterbombing firefighting campaign" with forest fires appearing in various spots of the map, that you get tasked to attack, perhpas with the help of ground vehicles and personnel. It is perfectly feasible with SFP system

If the interst is there, I would really LOVE to complete this mod

And since one might curious, Canadair215 (the model needs a lot of work)

(the skin is of I-SRME crashed in one unlucky afternoon at tarkos lake northeast of Istanbul)

gallery_8037_43_22910.jpg

gallery_8037_43_72542.jpg

gallery_8037_43_54323.jpg

Edited by Canadair

The idea came some weeks ago when i had a bad discussion with my wife. She disliked it to see our 7 years old boy playing bomb dropping with TK's sims.

So i decided to make a civil mod using the czech Z-37 agricultural aircraft which is widely used in East Germany since 40 years. My idea is to make agricultural missions (fertelising of fields), firefighting missions, SAR and parachute missions. In the meantime i have moded the stock C-130A for paratroopers, the O-1e for SAR and created the Z-37Cmelak for agricultural, firefighting and SAR missions.

As basic game i use FE, because the tiling terrain is much more detailed and hedgehoping is much more fun than in the other TK sims. As basic terrain i use my Vogesen terrain.

With copy the controls.ini from WOE i can fly also jets in FE and it is a great experience to hedgehoping with a F-4 or a MiG trough the Vogesen moutain area.

Canadair, seems to be that we walked the same way. I used for making the woodfires FE stock trees and defined them as tanks too. Fireengines were also set as tanks.

For firefighting i use a mod of a KMGU area dispenser, but i have the problem of non existing waterbomb effect too. Perhaps an effect maker could help and create one.

ya know, that IS kinda cool!!!

great idea on the fires, and how to 'extinguish' them.

Gabrielle, you fly those, don't you???

Other terrains could be used, by simply removing the listing for AAA and SAMs in the targets ini

wrench

kevin stein

The idea came some weeks ago when i had a bad discussion with my wife. She disliked it to see our 7 years old boy playing bomb dropping with TK's sims.

So i decided to make a civil mod using the czech Z-37 agricultural aircraft which is widely used in East Germany since 40 years. My idea is to make agricultural missions (fertelising of fields), firefighting missions, SAR and parachute missions. In the meantime i have moded the stock C-130A for paratroopers, the O-1e for SAR and created the Z-37Cmelak for agricultural, firefighting and SAR missions.

As basic game i use FE, because the tiling terrain is much more detailed and hedgehoping is much more fun than in the other TK sims. As basic terrain i use my Vogesen terrain.

With copy the controls.ini from WOE i can fly also jets in FE and it is a great experience to hedgehoping with a F-4 or a MiG trough the Vogesen moutain area.

Canadair, seems to be that we walked the same way. I used for making the woodfires FE stock trees and defined them as tanks too. Fireengines were also set as tanks.

For firefighting i use a mod of a KMGU area dispenser, but i have the problem of non existing waterbomb effect too. Perhaps an effect maker could help and create one.

Perfect, my german friend, and thanks for the vogesen terrain Idea,, hmhm I need first eagle i guess,, is the system working in the same way,, I mean with the firsteagel .cat I can drop the vogesen terrain in my sfp install,,

Back to firefighting..

as for the effect. I spotted my IDOL CA_stary reading this thread maybe he will help..

and as for the CL215, well, we need to work on it a little. I have no 3d skills sadly..

Edited by Canadair

ya know, that IS kinda cool!!!

great idea on the fires, and how to 'extinguish' them.

Gabrielle, you fly those, don't you???

Other terrains could be used, by simply removing the listing for AAA and SAMs in the targets ini

wrench

kevin stein

Yes I do fly those.. *blush*

And thereothetically ay terrain can be used by having ground units designed as burning trees "formations" for the "enemy side" and for the "friendly side" you would have fire truck and firefighting personnel. the ground untis would meet.. and you would be called for CAS..i.e. firefighting...

good idea! It's like an educational, non-violent version of a military game, but still with the fun of flying around and dropping stuff. Very neat indeed.

...... but still with the fun of flying around and dropping stuff....

eh eh Waterbombing is indeed fun

Next stage - turn all gun rounds and missiles into paint guns and make damage textres look like normal ones with splashes of paint. No node detachment if destroyed obviously. :blink:

Capun's Skunkworks website has several civvy aircraft - worth a look see. C-130s used also for fire fighting in USA. I'd like to see this - also some Northeast USA terrain to fly some of this stuff.

Mike D.

I like this idea. And the SAR idea is even better! I'd love the chance to fly n O-1 or Cessna 172 around in Civil Air Patrol colors.

I like this idea. And the SAR idea is even better! I'd love the chance to fly n O-1 or Cessna 172 around in Civil Air Patrol colors.

.. and some help to fix the CL215 would be great... ALEKS!!!!!

does somebody have a nice water effect ??? to have a aircraft or helicopter to drop water from is great but without no water effect it will look like you droping nothing on the fire :biggrin:

firefigthing with uh-1 or ch-53 and water laoding on a smal lake , i cant wait for the first mission to fly

Guest a10boar
I think we need to build our own civil planes in HD ;-)

B-26/A-26's were converted to Firefighting aircraft right?Couldn't we use these since they are already available?Choctaw's,Huey's,AH-1A's (actually MD-500's) and Cobra's I seen used in Arizona and California.

I'd think SoCal could be a good map for this, after all, California does have some nasty forest fires.

You could even include some of the Army National Guard helos with a Bambi bucket or MAFFS C-130s.

Or even civil Coast Guard missions.

Also the sicillian part of the Lybia terrain. i saw some huge fires there some years ago, on holiday.

in fact, almost everywhere under between equator's line and 40° N latitude could be quite good.and if you find a way to simulate SAR..... it would be just wonderful.

Edited by the test pilot

Ok so this has already been said a couple hundred times but..

That is a really cool idea :good:

this sounds like a great idea especially for those of us with younger kids that want to fly the game but can't quite handle mig's and AAA while figuring out which way is up. any chance of maybe makin a whole campaign? details in readme for demil' ing a fresh install and addin the civilian birds?