Sign in to follow this  
Xoruam

Lists reposition in GUI

I guess this is my first post here... Anyway:

I wanted to do a complete redo of WoE menu images to a more... S-F-ish one. The main title screen came out fine, I got to options screen. I have pretty much Buttons and BG done, but I wanted to reposition everything to fit the BG - changed headers' position and typesetting, and just started to reposition lists, when a problem came out, because when I change the position of the list, it won't come down anymore. Does anyone know what is the reason for this, and can I change it?

Thanks in advance.

Xoruam.

Edited by Xoruam

So posting this was pretty pointless, but I managed to find it.

It seems that menu operates on something like a text field, and every list have to be in this field's area. What I did was simply move the list to the right, without modifying the field, so while the "button" moved, the list item did not, and the game did not see that I am clicking on the list.

[GameplayOptionsSubMenu]
 MenuItemType=SUBMENU
 MenuItem001=MissionStartList
 [...]
 MenuItem032=FuelUsageText

>Position=340,150<

Width=362
 Height=480
 HasBackground=FALSE
 Active=TRUE

The marked line is used for moving the field around the screen, and it worked for me, but I guess altering the width/height would also work.

I am just wondering if this was covered somewhere on this site, and I am simply blind? >.< it seems like a pretty basic info, so... Hope this post is gonna be of any use to someone... >.>

Over and Out.

Edited by Xoruam

So posting this was pretty pointless, but I managed to find it.

It seems that menu operates on something like a text field, and every list have to be in this field's area. What I did was simply move the list to the right, without modifying the field, so while the "button" moved, the list item did not, and the game did not see that I am clicking on the list.

[GameplayOptionsSubMenu]
 MenuItemType=SUBMENU
 MenuItem001=MissionStartList
 [...]
 MenuItem032=FuelUsageText

>Position=340,150<

Width=362
 Height=480
 HasBackground=FALSE
 Active=TRUE

The marked line is used for moving the field around the screen, and it worked for me, but I guess altering the width/height would also work.

I am just wondering if this was covered somewhere on this site, and I am simply blind? >.< it seems like a pretty basic info, so... Hope this post is gonna be of any use to someone... >.>

Over and Out.

Not entirely pointless!

I've been working on the UI for the Cuban mod, Operation Tainted Cigar, and I've run into some similar (tho not exactly the same) problems.

So your post may well prove to be useful for me.

Thanks! :good: