Sign in to follow this  
AROTH

Sudden and multiple game malfunctions

Last night, My gameplay started to do some strange things. First, I was successfully shooting down enemy planes but not getting any claim forms appearing afterwards - the game kept going back to QC set-up for another round. Then, my pilot got shot down in 2 separate fights and was killed in both instances, but the game kept going back to the QC page allowing me to make selections again for another flight. Checking the pilot's dossiers later on for any of the pilots showed no flights at all for anyone, no record of anything happening.

Exiting the game and starting over fresh produced the same results.

I uninstalled everything including CFS3 and re-installed fresh, including CFS updates and OFF 1.28a. CFS ran fine.

After starting OFF back up, then I could not get any pilots registered. I kept getting a message about a "....path not found". Another fresh uninstall and reinstall of OFF again. This time, it wanted the OFF Disc back in the drive as well as the CFS disc. I got a few pilots registered and tried again. Same problem as last night- after a successful combat, back to the QC setup page again, no claim forms appearing or even mentioned and .

And, tonite, in addition to that, all the labels except my own flight are in red. Everything else in red, whether friend or foe. The HUD showed us we were totally in enemy territory - red everywhere, however, checking the map showed we were well into our own territory. Going down slowly to buzz one of these red airfields showed it was actually ours, decked out with parked SE5's. I also flew straight toward several balloons on our side of the lines to check nationality, but could not, they all seemed to magically explode about a 100 yards away and I never fired a shot.

Being 2;20 AM in the morning, I am too tired to deal with it any longer tonite. What have I done to displease the gods? :please:

Guess I'll be doing a third uninstall/reinstall of OFF tomorrow after I rest tonite.

Is this happening in QC? The reason I ask is that in QC there are no claim forms, no entries in flight logs (unless checked in Workshops), and everyone is the enemy. I'm surprised you didn't get shot at when buzzing even a friendly airfield. I have heard that if you try to land at the field you took off from they will shoot you.

Campaign mode has the claims, flight log enties etc.

CJ

Claims should work in QC just as in campaign mode unless 'bypass claims' checked in workshop. And I don't get shot at when trying to land or just flying over a friendly airfield, but they do shoot at EA's chasing me. Aroth, try another re-install,not much else to do in this situation...

I'm telling you. There are no claims in QC. QC is meant for practice. If you want claims, you must be in Campaign mode. Just for grins I made a pilot and flew QC, me against 3 DH2s. Claims are set to normal in workshops. After downing all three I ended the flight. It took me back to the QC page. This is the pilot's dossier after the flight. No kills, no claims, just ammo/hit/miss ratio.

CJ

post-45778-1238423264_thumb.jpg

Sorry CJ, can't agree with you on that one :nono: . I checked claims back to normal in workshop and flew same setup you did and here's what I got

post-46218-1238425355_thumb.jpg

post-46218-1238425367_thumb.jpg

You've got Workshops set to log all flights, Campaign and QC, right? I don't do that because it messes up my campaign pilots if I forget to change that setting back to log campaign flights only. I guess that's one way to pad your kill score in campaign, but the flight log gives you up.

CJ

Aroth if you reinstalled from scratch and still getting oddities then something is screwed elsewhere.

It sounds like you aren't running the OFF Manager properly, or you didn't clean out the old problem one completely first.

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#A21

See from "If you have other odd errors:"

Check your drive for errors, right click on a the drive in My Computer, Properties, Tools, Check now.

Make sure you run OFF Manager from the new shortcut

>>"This time, it wanted the OFF Disc back in the drive as well as the CFS disc."

What does that mean?? When you install OFF it will run, find CFS3 install if you have it, then carry on. It will not want the disk back in if the install has completely finished. Make sure you don't take the disk out early it takes a while to install and unpack.

OK, update..

I did another unstall/re-install of OFF. I did not do CFS again because I ran several flights on it first and saw no issues there.

After OFF was reinstalled, I opened it up and went thru the usual enlistment of pilots (4).

First one was run thru "Campaign". Claims submitted and flight log showed the results. Hud showed red and blue markers for enemy and friendlies, No problems noted.

Second one was run thru "Quick Combat" (Main Page). Claims submitted and flight log showed the results. Hud showed red and blue markers for enemy and friendlies. No problems noted.

Third one was run thru CFS QC on the "Workshops" page. Claims submitted and flight log showed the results. Hud, however, showed all red markers except for my flight members and what I assume was my home base only. All other markers were red, including all airbases and other ground objects inside the lines (truck convoys, balloons,etc). Even an airbase within sight distance of my home base was red, even if it was clearly way inside the front lines (checking the map). This is where I am starting to get confused, as I thought in the past - and I may be wrong, everything on the enemy side would be in red and everything on my side would be blue, as above in "Campaign" or "Quick Combat".

Fourth pilot was run thru CFS QC on "Workshops" page, just the same as #3 (finally KIA) above was. More confusion. This one received no claim forms for victories nor did the log entries record anything, even though he was put thru 4 different very active combats. Nothing had been changed setting-wise from those in #3's. As far as anyone would know, bringing up his dossier would show nothing happened yet in his flying career. Also, Hud display was still all red except for his flight and home airbase.

So, no settings were changed between #3 and #4, but the log entries stopped being recorded then.

I run my QC's through the Quick Campaign button on the MAIN OFF page, not the QC battles on the Workshop page. I don't think the workshop QC's are supported by OBD.

"Fourth pilot was run thru CFS QC on "Workshops" page, just the same as #3 (finally KIA) above was"

CFS3 QC = ALL objects are enemy, apart from around your start airfield. And we don't recommend using that particularly, so don't use it ;)

"CFS3 QC = ALL objects are enemy, apart from around your start airfield. And we don't recommend using that particularly, so don't use it ;)"

OK, clear on that point so I won't do that again.

"Fourth pilot was run thru CFS QC on "Workshops" page, just the same as #3 (finally KIA) above was"

On that issue, both the 3rd and 4th pilots were set up for combat identically in CFS QC Workshops page. #3 was KIA after 3 or 4 combats, and every one of his flights were recorded in his logbook as well as his stats.

#4, however, had no flightlog entries or stats show up after 4 combats, even though on one combat, he downed 3 Albies right over his own airfield. His other successful combats also showed no entries.

Now, last night, I brought him back up again and set him up for combat the same as the night before. He did 3 more combats and all three of them were recorded. There were absolutely no differences in the set-ups from either night, except, that on the first night, he was last pilot I had flying (sim had been used for approx 90 minutes by then), and last night, he was the first pilot flown in the sim.

This may be a long shot, but would there be any slight chance of some kind of memory issue involved, (computer hardware or sim-wise) where I had perhaps just reached the max on getting the flight logs filled out, but would allow the actual combats to continue on?

By no means am I complaining at all - just a bit puzzled when these things occur as there always is an answer and I always enjoy learning something from them.

Thanks.

If you use CFS3 QC and refly... the 2nd flight will NOT be recorded. So don't use CFS3 QC at all if you want OFF Manager to be recording anything. One reason it is no longer used.

By the way no need to underline words - it makes it much harder to read!

Ok, Thanks much Pol.

I think you've covered all the important points and got me going in the right direction. :type: