Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

Thanks Combatace

Hi guys

I know I've been away for a long while and I can't say life's any easier. I took on a major job commitment early last year which was only supposed to last a few months but things haven't gone to plan (well they don't usually do they) and I'm still there virtually 24/7. The good news is that with the extra dough I invested in two new systems (extravagant to say the least!) a dual core XP and a quad core Vista. I ordered them in Feb this year but have only just got round to starting up the XP one. The Vista machine has been under the table for 6 weeks and I haven't had time to commission it yet!!

Why I ordered two machines is a long story and I haven't got time to go into that now but I'm still loading all the old stuff from my ancient ATI machine on to the new XP Intel one (it is faster of course but not without the usual starting hicups) and that hasn't gone easily even though I took a complete system copy of everything on the old faithfull to transfer on to the new XP system. I copied everything on to a moblie drive supposedly to transfer on to any computer but just as I finished copying the last file an error message came up saying that some of the files were corrupted and wouldn't work on another machine! Don't you just love these computer things!

Anyway to cut a long story short I loaded WOV patched up and added YAP2 on the new system and then the weapons wouldn't show up in the sim. I did all the usual things as advised in the DATABASE but still no joy. Then I down loaded and installed Buff's weaponseditor and lo and behold up comes the weapons. What would we do without good old CA!!

Got to go now but you're still in my thoughts and thank heaven you're still here for us all.

It will take weeks of the available time I have to spare to load up all my old favourite sims on the new system and test them so I guess I won't be around much in the next month or so but if things get easier who knows I may even get some play time in come summer!!

All the best

Brainless

It's good to hear from you! Keep us posted :good: